Blu-ray disk & UDF2.60 file system

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by guru.naveen, Jun 5, 2006.

  1. guru.naveen

    guru.naveen Guest

    What UDF 2.5 spec says is
    we need Virtual Allocation Table and Sparing Table in the file system
    for Read-modify-write and defect management.

    Since these are incorporated in drive only (Blu-ray disk), it is
    eliminated in UDF 2.6 spec.

    My question is if we don't want to support read-modify-write and defect
    management in the drive how we can achieve read-modify-write and defect
    management.

    One probable answer is:

    we can support above features in software itself. above this UDF file
    system will sit.

    any comment or other way to achieve for this.

    Thanks

    Guru

    guru.naveen, Jun 5, 2006