Blu-ray disc that can hold up to 200GB of data. (News)

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Allan, Sep 24, 2004.

  1. Allan

    Allan Guest

    http://www.engadget.com/entry/2598506749551474/

    Sony working on 200GB Blu-ray disc

    We were only just getting used to the notion that those 50GB Blu-ray
    discs and recorders were totally beyond our reach when the news comes
    that Sony is prepping an even more capacious 8-layer version of the
    Blu-ray disc that can hold up to 200GB of data. No word on when it’ll
    hit, but a 4-layer version with storage capacity of 100GB is expected
    in 2007, so it’ll be sometime after that.

    - Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

    Allan, Sep 24, 2004