    is there a quick way to block these or am I stuck with em?

    using xp and windows live mail to access the news server

    thanks

    [email protected], May 13, 2008

  2. D@Z

    joevan Guest

    I use Agent and just right click and filter a word or two in the
    header and say delete globally. Don't know if outhouse express does it
    that way or not.

    joevan, May 13, 2008

  3. D@Z

    Evan Platt Guest

    Start dropping Google Groups posts.

    http://improve-usenet.org/

    Evan Platt, May 13, 2008
  4. Like Agent and Thunderbird, the MS stuff's filtering isn't good
    enough to be able to directly filter GG posts.

    Blinky the Shark, May 13, 2008
  5. D@Z

    VanguardLH Guest

    Not with the newsreader that you use. Newsgroups get a lot less spammy
    if you filter out posts with googlegroups.com in the MessageID header
    but you'll notice OE's filters don't let you test on that or any other
    than a few select headers.

    You can get a different NNTP client or you could try using NewsProxy
    (aka nFilter) with OE.

    VanguardLH, May 13, 2008