Blog Wars - Views from the Front Line at bit-tech.net

Discussion in 'Front Page News' started by Silverstrand, Oct 6, 2006.

  1. Silverstrand

    Silverstrand

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    1,949
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    The internet is changing how we view the wars in the world today. Soldiers can give a grunt's eye view of the action with video cameras and YouTube, and can blog about their experiences in the field. Is the net a tool of information, propaganda, terror, or all of the above?

    [​IMG]

    Quote: "The ability to get a much more reliable stream of information from the front line is new and unusual, and clearly not something that would sit well with military traditionalists who know the value of keeping casualties and other bad news quiet. But the capacity to bring war directly from the front line to the internet can also be used to misinform."

    Link: http://www.bit-tech.net/bits/2006/10/05/Blog_Wars___Views_from_the_Fro/1.html

    Silverstrand, Oct 6, 2006