    Yahoo chat? Having trouble with kids playing on our office PC's and want
    way to end it for good. Company policy and passwords did not work.

    Matt

    Matt, Sep 29, 2004

  2. Matt

    Larry Guest

    You've got to identify the port Yahoo Chat uses, then set your router to
    block that port. Check the router mfr web site for specifics on your model.
    Larry

    Larry, Sep 29, 2004

  3. Matt

    Matt Guest

    Is there anyway with one of the cheapy brand DSL/Cable routers to block
    Nope, Yahoo will proxy through port 80 so I need IP pool or domain name to
    block.

    Matt

    Matt, Sep 29, 2004
  4. Matt

    Larry Guest

    I'm thinking that might be a little tougher to setup on a cheap router. You
    may have to spring for a name brand unit (like a Cisco). Is that connection
    going through a managed switch? You may be able to set it there.

    Larry

    Larry, Sep 29, 2004
  5. maybe forward port for yahoo chat to a nonexistant computer (black hole)
    causes the router to throw away the packets. Think yahoo is on port 5050
    among others

    kk

    Kaptain Krunch, Sep 29, 2004
  6. Matt

    Larry Guest

    Larry, Sep 29, 2004
  7. Matt

    Tim Johnson Guest

    Do you use your own DNS server? If so, one thing may be to set your DNS to
    resolve the IP for the server incorrectly. You could also do it in the hosts
    file of each computer...

    Tim Johnson, Oct 3, 2004