    poster from all my newsgroups in one action? Or do I have to block them one
    newsgroup at a time?
    Thank You for any replies.

    user, Jan 26, 2007

  2. user

    Mike Easter Guest

    Block sender prevents your seeing any email or news messages from that
    'entity' - in all news and email accounts for the identity so
    configured.

    Mike Easter, Jan 26, 2007

  3. user

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Removing them from different newsgroup posts already downloaded is a
    different story, though. For instance, if I block K-Man in THIS newsgroup,
    and tell OE to delete all his messages, it does in this newsgroup. But it
    doesn't delete all his messages that are already in OE in a different
    newsgroup (say, God forbid, if I had that alt.kooks or whatever it is
    newsgroup subscribed too, his posts would remain there, unless I re-applied
    the "block sender" on a post of his showing in that newsgroup.

    So while new stuff never shows up, previously downloaded posts don't get
    cleaned up automatically. And I've never come across anything that would do
    what the OP wanted, except to clean up/delete ALL newsgroup messages in all
    newsgroups, and reload them AFTER blocking the sender. 'Course, that causes
    read messages to no longer show as read...aw, heck, it just ain't worth it!

    WhzzKdd, Jan 26, 2007
  4. user

    Mike Easter Guest

    I should have started with 'filters/blocks' any /new/ email or news
    messages etc.
    Correct. The headers and possibly the body have already arrived
    unblinded/unfiltered.
    There are many good reasons to reset a newsgroup, including blocking a
    sender.
    If you reset a group, you can always catch up or mark all read.

    Mike Easter, Jan 26, 2007
  5. user

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Yup. Hopefully, the OP can take the tips and go from there.

    WhzzKdd, Jan 27, 2007