    Off the top of my head I was thinking VLAN for each port but perhaps there
    is a better way?

    Anthony

    john doe, Nov 12, 2003

  2. john doe

    Richard Deal Guest

    John,

    Use a switch that supports private VLANs. Each of the hotel rooms should be
    connected to an isolated port. on the switch. Any services, like a file
    server or router, should be connected to a promiscuous port. Promiscous
    ports can talk to any port. An isolate port, though, can only talk to a
    promiscous port. This neatly solves your problem with Microsoft browsing.

    Cheers!
    --

    Richard A. Deal

    Visit my home page at http://home.cfl.rr.com/dealgroup/

    Author of CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide (Exam 640-801),
    Cisco PIX Firewalls, CCNA Secrets Revealed!, CCNP Remote Access Exam Prep,
    CCNP Switching Exam Cram, and CCNP Cisco LAN Switch Configuration Exam Cram

    Cisco Test Prep author for QuizWare, providing the most comprehensive Cisco
    exams on the market.

    Richard Deal, Nov 12, 2003

  3. john doe

    john doe Guest