Blocking incoming pots calls by area code.......

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by lightweb, Jun 14, 2005.

  1. lightweb

    lightweb Guest

    We're trying to block all incoming calls that come from a specific area
    code. I've been trying to find a way to do this on our H323 gateway,
    but have been unsuccessful. I basically want to drop them at the
    gateway so calls are not delivered anywhere. I've tried adding a
    dial-peer to catch answer-address entries, but it seems my default
    dial-peer is catching it due to the precedence of incoming
    called-number.

    Here is our current voice config. We have a callmanager at 10.141.1.1

    If anyone could help, that would be awesome.

    Thanks

    dial-peer voice 1 pots
    incoming called-number .
    direct-inward-dial
    port 1/0:23
    !
    dial-peer voice 1499 pots
    destination-pattern 1499
    port 1/0:23
    prefix 5718174
    !
    dial-peer voice 1451 pots
    destination-pattern 1451
    port 1/0:23
    prefix 5718764
    !
    dial-peer voice 1461 pots
    destination-pattern 1461
    port 1/0:23
    prefix 5711827
    !
    dial-peer voice 1495 pots
    destination-pattern 1495
    port 1/0:23
    prefix 5718525
    !
    dial-peer voice 1400 voip
    settle-call
    destination-pattern 1...
    progress_ind setup enable 3
    translate-outgoing called 1
    session target ipv4:10.141.1.1
    dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
    codec g711ulaw
    ip qos dscp cs5 media
    !
    dial-peer voice 1000 pots
    destination-pattern 9T
    progress_ind setup enable 3
    direct-inward-dial
    port 1/0:23
    !
    dial-peer voice 1401 voip
    settle-call
    destination-pattern 2...
    progress_ind setup enable 3

    lightweb, Jun 14, 2005

  2. lightweb

    miskaone Guest

    What Version of callmanager? Set up a route pattern on callmanager and
    select block this pattern.

    miskaone, Jun 14, 2005

  3. lightweb

    lightweb Guest

    I've tried to do this on the CM (Version 3.1, I know, it's old).

    I set my route pattern to a specific phone number (in this case, my
    cell phone number), and selected block this pattern. It didn't seem to
    work. Is there a special route pattern to handle incoming calls from
    the gateway, or do these only work with outgoing calls from stations?

    lightweb, Jun 14, 2005
  4. lightweb

    miskaone Guest

    Sorry, I just reread your comment. You said incoming. the problem that
    you will probably have is that your provider is providing you only 4
    digits for DTMF. You may have to get the provider to help you block the
    numbers. If they are giving you more than 4 digits then try doing a
    transformation to a non-existing number.

    miskaone, Jun 15, 2005
  5. lightweb

    lightweb Guest

    Well, when I look at the inout debug on the gateway, the telco is
    providing complete ANI.

    I think my dial-peer 1 is catching all the inbound calls and I can't
    set another dial-peer to catch a specific calling number.

    lightweb, Jun 15, 2005
  6. lightweb

    miskaone Guest

    If that is the case then maybe try creating a more specific Dial-peer
    such as 678.......

    The more specific should match. Is that working for you?

    miskaone, Jun 16, 2005
  7. lightweb

    lightweb Guest

    I've tried creating a more specific dial peer that had both an
    incoming-called number . and also answer-address, but it doesn't match.
    The problem is I need to match all calls coming inbound. Hmmmmmmm.

    Apparently incoming-called numbers match before answer-address. I've
    even tried setting preferences.

    My head hurts... :)

    lightweb, Jun 16, 2005