    did various things and eliminated 95% of the problem. I was wondering if
    there is a way to enter in certain URL's so that they never open. I notice
    it is the same web sites that pop up over and over.

    gregpcarr, Jun 10, 2007

  2. gregpcarr

    WhzzKdd Guest

    Sure. Hosts file. Read up on it:
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

    I use this one:
    http://www.everythingisnt.com/hosts.html

    WhzzKdd, Jun 11, 2007

  3. gregpcarr

    Leythos Guest

    Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

    The following links will take you to vendors sites for Spy Ware / Ad
    ware removal tools and also for Antivirus tools. After you install any
    of these applications and update them, run them in SAFE MODE to allow
    them to properly clean your system.

    First, make sure that your Java is updated to the latest version:
    http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

    These sites are for downloading Anti-Malware and Anti-Spyware tools, in
    order that I would use them myself:

    Dave Lipman's tools:
    Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --
    http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

    AdAwareSE can be found here:
    http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

    SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

    *** WARNING - these links contain foul/pornographic content of an
    website ***
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/rlk/rlk.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/license.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/max.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/mpv.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/wtcpcb.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/cracks.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/Loutheasshole.htm REMOVED ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/bughunters.htm Exposed to Kids ...
    All while spamming his company website at: http://www.seedsv.com

    Leythos, Jun 11, 2007
  4. gregpcarr

    Leythos Guest

    A host file does not resolve the problem, only mask it.

    Leythos, Jun 11, 2007
  5. You have more than a pop up problem, you have spyware. Have you run
    Spybot Search and Destroy? Maybe the trial version of Spy Sweeper from
    webroot.com?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 11, 2007
  6. gregpcarr

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Use Remove-it version 11, it's fast and free. It now has over 2500
    signatures to remove All variants of Virusburst, Spy Dawn, Spylock,and
    Antivermins. New Feature, Remove-it will now update your hosts file. This
    tool is designed to Specifically remove all variants. Scan time is about 2
    minutes. Designed for Windows 2000/XP only. Password is still required.
    First read this page http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads then use the email
    link on the bottom of the page to receive the software.

    Check my feedback and see what others have said about it
    http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/

    Feedback is very important to the development of Remove-it.
    Let me know how it works. Send feedback here
    http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/

    pcbutts1, Jun 11, 2007
  7. gregpcarr

    Leythos Guest

    Before you download or trust anything from his site, check out what he's
    really like from his other links below - read the warning before you
    visit them.

    Leythos, Jun 11, 2007
  8. gregpcarr

    gregpcarr Guest

    Yes I have run Spybot and recommend it.

    gregpcarr, Jun 12, 2007
  9. gregpcarr

    Plato Guest

    Try keeping a cleaner household, dont visit or download from non-trusted
    sites. For spyware/malware removal, please see:

    http://www.bootdisk.com/utility.htm
    ANTI-SPYWARE

    Plato, Jun 14, 2007