    having been advised to do that on here Thanks
    but it does not work on IE6

    Heidi

    Heidi Manway, Nov 22, 2006

  2. The HOSTS file will be recognized by IE, but the Firefox extensions will
    of course *not* be used by IE.

    Googling produces a plethora of third-party tools for IE, most in the
    form of "toolbars". I would be wont to recommend any of them.

    Why would you want to continue to use IE anyway?

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 22, 2006

  3. Heidi Manway

    Donald Guest

    sp2 has a popup blocker
    so does google tool bar

    Donald, Nov 22, 2006
  4. Heidi Manway

    Plato Guest

    So what? Google and MS are NOT in bed together.

    Plato, Nov 23, 2006
  5. Heidi Manway

    Daave Guest

    Proxomitron has lots of fans:

    http://www.proxomitron.info/

    Daave, Nov 23, 2006
  6. Heidi Manway

    Brian Guest

    Hi Heidi,

    Just dump all your microsoft crap and buy a mac or install something
    like ubuntu..

    :)

    Seriously though there is a good popup blocker built into IE6 if I
    remember and if you really want to use IE then go get IE7 and give it a
    whirl..

    BC

    Brian, Jan 2, 2007
  7. Heidi Manway

    DJ Spider Guest

    I.E.6 doesn't have a popup blocker, but system mechanic does! Also has
    very good system tools, inc defragger, reg checker, spyware checker and
    more!

    --

    Take out THETRASH to email me

    Do you need a Disco? Or would you like to sing to the World?
    (or at least Ireland!) Visit http://www.kastlekaraoke.com for all
    your Disco and Karaoke party needs.

    DJ Spider, Jan 2, 2007