    website because the ad is always in the top of the page.
    Is there a way to totally block this stinking
    doubleclick thing? I have Mozilla 1.6.

    ratbob, May 29, 2004

  2. Hi,

    just right-klick on the image and chose "Block Images from this server".

    You can also install the plugin Adblock http://adblock.mozdev.org/ where
    you can specify pattern for images which shouldn't shown.
    AFAIK Block Images is better, cos the image isn't loaded from the
    server. With AdBlock the image is retrieved from the server but isn't
    shown on the page.

    The is also Flashblock http://flashblock.mozdev.org/ which i use, so the
    annoying flash adv. arn't shown. If i want to see a flash animation, i
    have to click on it.

    [PPr]Verstoerer

    [PPr]Verstoerer, May 29, 2004

  3. [PPr]Verstoerer wrote:

    [snip]
    I just checked the FAQ from AdBlock and since ver 0.4 Adblock is also
    blocking the download of the content. Looks like i have to update ;)

    [PPr]Verstoerer

    [PPr]Verstoerer, May 29, 2004
  4. ratbob

    ratbob Guest

    Thanks. The Adblock download seems to be working great.

    ratbob, May 30, 2004
  5. Alternatively you could download this little program to do it for you.
    Think the link still works.
    http://www.nsclean.com/0click.html

    Electrick Gypsy, May 31, 2004