    subscription plan will remain the same.

    How much does that suck? I hope a lot of people cancel their service.

    Kishin!

    Kishin, Dec 20, 2007

  2. Kishin

    Irulan Guest

    I changed my subscription to the 1 at a time unlimited both mail and
    in-store. However, if they raise the price $10 like they did the 3
    at a time deal I will cancel and just do mailing in. You're right,
    it sucks.

    Irulan, Dec 20, 2007

  3. Kishin

    PapaBear Guest

    I've received no such email, and the prices haven't changed at their
    website. So this is possibly a false issue...

    PapaBear, Dec 20, 2007
  4. On their website, they say that the new prices will be posted 12/27/2007

    But, with HDDVD and BluRay rentals all but total fiction from them, who
    really cares. And of course, you can't forget their own private
    dictionary that defines 'available' in new and interesting ways.

    I cancelled them out on the last price gouge, sure am glad I did.

    Lloyd Parsons, Dec 20, 2007
  5. Kishin

    Sandkid

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Salem, Oregon

    I just talked to Blockbusters "customer support". My rate will go up on January 24th. I asked the gal why I would want to pay $34.99 when I can go back to NetFlix which is still at $16.99. She didn't have a good answer. I told her that I would be cancelling on January 23rd.

    Now, if someone would come up with a way to capture the streaming downloads from NetFlix - I, too, would rather watch a movie on my 65" TV rather than on my 17" computer monitor! :grin:

    Sandkid, Dec 21, 2007
  6. Kishin

    PapaBear Guest

    Where? I don't see it...

    I've 2 accounts with them, one renewing this week, the other after
    Christmas, and so far no emails mentioning a change in price. Their service
    to me has been good, and I would probably accept a 5-10% price increase.
    Anything more and I might have to reconsider...

    PapaBear, Dec 21, 2007
  7. It is in the FAQ's somewhere, I saw it today.

    Lloyd Parsons, Dec 21, 2007
  8. Kishin

    PapaBear Guest

    On their website, they say that the new prices will be posted
    Yes, I see it now. I guess we must wait til next Thursday, December 27, to
    find out the new prices. Here's the FAQ they've posted...

    Question: I received an e-mail regarding a price restructure. When do
    the new prices take effect?

    Answer: If your price is changing, the new price will take effect on
    your next billing date on or after December 27, 2007. We are not changing
    any plan benefits; you will still continue to receive all the benefits
    you've come to enjoy and value from BLOCKBUSTER By Mail™ and BLOCKBUSTER
    Total Access™. Our goal is to provide a variety of subscription plans to
    meet the needs of all our customers, at a great value.

    The website will be updated to reflect the new pricing structures on
    December 27, 2007.

    PapaBear, Dec 21, 2007
  9. Kishin

    Hawk Guest

    I'm still trying to understand why I've been unaffected by all of the
    price and plan changes.

    I have the 3-Out Total Access Premium plan which includes unlimited
    in-store exchanges and 2 game rentals per month. I am still paying
    $17.99 a month.

    According to the info in the FAQ that plan will be $34.99 for most
    people go forward.

    I'd like to know what criteria they use to determine who gets their
    rates hiked and who doesn't. It's crazy that I'm effectively paying
    less than 1/2 price (although I won't complain about it). ;)

    (*>

    Hawk, Dec 21, 2007

  10. I'm still trying to understand why I've been unaffected by all of the
    price and plan changes.

    I have the 3-Out Total Access Premium plan which includes unlimited
    in-store exchanges and 2 game rentals per month. I am still paying
    $17.99 a month.

    According to the info in the FAQ that plan will be $34.99 for most
    people go forward.

    I'd like to know what criteria they use to determine who gets their
    rates hiked and who doesn't. It's crazy that I'm effectively paying
    less than 1/2 price (although I won't complain about it). ;)

    (*>[/QUOTE]

    You may not be going to get the new rate, but you won't know it until
    the 1st of the year, I suspect.

    I quit them during the last runup in price, with lowering of service.
    Primarily because their handling of BluRay and HDDVD discs was
    atrocious. With about 50 titles in my queue, it was not uncommon for it
    to be less than 20 'available'. But even with 'available', shipments
    didn't happen. That's 'cause 'available' in blockbuster online-speak,
    that means it is somewhere in there system, but not in my shipment
    warehouse. Bad service, coupled with price increases just made
    Blockbuster online not a good deal at all.

    Netflix, OTOH, has been superb. Even when a title is sometimes not in
    my local shipment point, they email and tell me they will ship from one
    of the others. That makes 'available' actually have a valuable meaning.

    Lloyd Parsons, Dec 21, 2007
  11. Kishin

    sanpablo Guest

    My e-mail from them said my price is increasing from $17.99 to $19.99

    for the 3-out, 5 in-store a month exchange.

    sanpablo, Dec 21, 2007
  12. Kishin

    sed Guest

    Good bye, Blockbuster.

    One article I read it was quoted they needed a good return on the service.

    Should their profitability be my problem!?

    sed, Dec 22, 2007
  13. Kishin

    Mark Jones Guest

    Has there been any indication of a change in the price of the
    in-store only plan? Right now it is $29.99 plus tax for me and
    I would hate to see it go up again. I would pay the increase
    because is still a lot cheaper than regular rentals or buying
    the movies.

    Mark Jones, Dec 22, 2007
  14. Kishin

    Foobar Guest

    Hmm. My new rate is 19.99 per month, 3 movies at a time and unlimited
    in-store exchanges.

    However, BB has a software bug.

    Foobar, Jan 9, 2008
  16. Kishin

    Foobar Guest

    It's still a good deal at 19.99. If you really want to, you can
    exchange more than 5 movies a month. Just return the online rentals
    with a different BB account, such as a spouse.

    Foobar, Jan 11, 2008
  17. Kishin

    Foobar Guest

    I put BB to the test this month. My rate is 19.99 plus taxes per
    month. After 3 weeks I have either received or exchanged 23 movies,
    not counting the 3 I received yesterday and have not yet exchenged.

    Foobar, Jan 24, 2008
  18. Kishin

    Phisherman Guest

    Cancel them! Rent DVDs from Redbox.com locally for $1 per day.
    Occasionally I get a $1.99 coupon from Blockbuster for any DVD in the
    store. Blockbuster used to have 99-cent coupons, but no more.

    Phisherman, Jan 24, 2008