Blockbuster - how many days in advance to cancel membership?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Michael, Oct 31, 2005.

  1. Michael

    Michael Guest

    After comparing Netflix and Blockbuster online rental services
    recently, I've decided that Netflix is better and faster than
    Blockbuster. (In addition, Blockbuster has made several mistakes while
    Netflix has made none).

    How many days in advance of the next billing date do I need to cancel
    Blockbuster online to make sure they don't bill me for the next month
    and then stop the rental service immediately?

    I called their toll free number and the rep said I could cancel up
    through the day before, but I thought I read somewhere it takes a few
    days to be processed. This rep also said it doesn't matter when I
    cancel during the month because they will keep sending rentals until
    the next billing date. In other words, he said nobody loses any rental
    days when you cancel membership - which is quite different than what I
    remember reading in their online agreement (which I can't find now)
    where it said they don't refund any unused portion of the month when
    you cancel.

    Since I don't trust the Blockbuster reps, if anyone has experience
    with these subjects and could clarify the best way to time my
    cancelling Blockbuster online, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

    Michael, Oct 31, 2005

  2. Michael

    Bob Guest

    BB is going bankrupt. You made the right decision.

    I called and had the service rep cancel my entire subscription.

    one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore
    -- George Bernard Shaw

    Bob, Oct 31, 2005

  3. Michael

    gaffo Guest

    do you have a site to confirm your claim that BB is going bankrupt?

    so far I've had good luck with BB online service.

    there selection is supperior to Netflicks - when I do a comparision of
    obscure titles. i.e Brother Cadfael series is not offered at Netflicks
    for example.

    I hear Netflicks uses one sided "cut-down" versions of some movies they
    ship, rather than the full retail versions. they will ship a movie in a
    2-dvd span form (instead of a two sided 1-dvd retail form)......and
    count that is 2 rentals!! can you confirm this practice by Netflicks?

    --

    "I am angry that so many of the sons of the powerful and
    well-placed and so many professional athletes (who were

    "I was not prepared to shoot my eardrum out with a shotgun in
    order to get a deferment. Nor was I willing to go to Canada".

    George W. Bush

    gaffo, Nov 5, 2005
  4. Michael

    gaffo Guest

    to Netflick's credit they do have the hillarious tv series Chef!, where
    as BB does not (Yet - hopefully)

    neither service carries the tv series "Starcops".

    gaffo, Nov 5, 2005
  5. Michael

    sed Guest

    Blockbuster is busy closing stores. Consider Stores consist of fixed costs
    and variable inventory costs. Blockbuster was slow in adopting to the
    change in distribution. Movies can now be distributed via Internet and DVD
    as NetFlix. The distribution costs are lower since they are normally
    distributed from central warehouses or from distributed downloads. Consider
    cost of just packaging at a Blockbuster location. How about the turnover of
    the inventory. Stuff sitting on the shelf has a cost but is not generating
    revenue.

    Dear Blockbuster, your days of glory are in the past. Your online division
    just does not get it.

    sed, Nov 10, 2005