    Any help in preventing spam messages from sending data back to the
    mothership without my permission would be appreciated.
    TIA -- WC

    WCH, Nov 20, 2003

  2. WCH

    *~Queenie~* Guest

    Why do you open spam????

    *~Queenie~*, Nov 20, 2003

  3. WCH

    °Mike° Guest

    1. Do not open SPAM.
    2. Do respond to SPAM - ever!
    3. Tools / Options / Security ... Check 'Restricted sites zone'.
    4. Tools / Options / Security ... Check 'Warn me when other application....'
    5. Tools / Options / Read ... Check 'Read all messages in plain text'.
    6. Tools / Options / Read ... Uncheck 'Automatically download message...'

    °Mike°, Nov 20, 2003
  4. You are opening HTML-encoded spam. It has links in it which grab images (or
    whatever) from remote sites. These links frequently transmit tracking
    information about you as well.

    The ONLY solutions:
    1. Do NOT open HTML email.
    a. Do NOT use Outlook, Outlook Express or Internet Explorer on your
    computer, since these programs have security problems which can be
    exploited by HTML email. Use ANY OTHER program for email.
    b. Do NOT "render" or decode HTML messages, since that will fetch the
    remotely-stored information and send your tracking data. If you're really
    that curious to know what the message reads, read the raw HTML. (And be
    prepared for some truly bizarre stuff--the dodges spammers use to cover
    their tracks and confuse bulk mail detectors are incredible.)
    2. Encourage your correspondents to NOT use HTML in sending/receiving email.
    3. If you are a computer-savvy person, the chances are that the only
    HTML-encoded email you get is spam--a great way of screening it out.

    Gary G. Taylor, Nov 20, 2003
  5. WCH

    Juan Pérez Guest

    In

    Juan Pérez, Nov 21, 2003
  6. WCH

    °Mike° Guest

    AIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

    Well spotted, amigo. :)

    °Mike°, Nov 21, 2003
  7. WCH

    Juan Pérez Guest

    In
    Your meaning is clear .....I'm just feeling klutzy tonight....jeje

    Juan Pérez, Nov 21, 2003