blizzard pictures

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Fred, Dec 8, 2004.

  1. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Fred, Dec 8, 2004

  2. Fred

    Robert Barr Guest

    .... and such cheery headlines.

    Robert Barr, Dec 8, 2004

  3. Fred

    Annika1980 Guest

    From: "Fred"
    Impressive.
    The only thing that could've made it better would be if you had actually opened
    the window.

    Annika1980, Dec 8, 2004

    Nathan DeGruchy, Dec 8, 2004
  5. Fred

    RustY© Guest

    You see how the snow looks dirty and dark ? That is typical of this type of
    picture taken on automatic settings. The camera metering thought that there
    was much more light than there actually was and underexposed them. A light
    meter is the best way out of this problem.

    RustY©, Dec 8, 2004
  6. Fred

    Deep Reset Guest

    Doesn't the camera have one of those?

    Deep.

    Deep Reset, Dec 8, 2004
  7. Fred

    Basic Wedge Guest

    Fred. You must come from an area where heavy snowfalls are uncommon.

    Here in Winnipeg, such an event would be characterized as nothing more than
    a "heavy snowfall" - something we typically deal with several times a year.
    Our blizzards can dump a meter of snow, or more (sometimes, much more)! We
    also get 100km/h+ winds and temperatures as low as -40C. Get all of that in
    combination _THEN_ you've got a real "Blizzard"!

    Would you be interested in some tourist information about Winnipeg? :)

    FWIW, we haven't had a real blizzard in several years. We are waaaay
    overdue. When the next one hits, I'll be sure to get some snaps for you.
    <BG>

    Rob

    Basic Wedge, Dec 8, 2004
  8. Fred

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Hey Rob...

    I have some pics of the last huge one... November of '86
    if you'd like to see some. Portage and perimeter area.

    Take care.

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Dec 8, 2004
  9. Fred

    Cynicor Guest

    I live on Long Island. That snowstorm was on my birthday. I ended up
    snowthrowing my driveway as my father sat inside sipping Chardonnay. Then
    after 15 minutes, my snowthrower sucked up a paving brick and died.
    So...thanks for dredging up painful memories, Fred. (sigh)

    My dog has bad memories of it too.
    http://www.cynicor.com/Edina/snowdina2.jpg

    Cynicor, Dec 8, 2004
  10. Out here in Manorville we all have bad memories of last winter. Now I'm
    ready for a fight, just itching to take my brand new 27" snowthrower out for
    a ride.

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Dec 9, 2004
  11. Fred

    kashe Guest

    You only had one brick in your garage? :)

    kashe, Dec 9, 2004
  12. Fred

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Dec 9, 2004