Blizzard Disrupts Global Warming Rally

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by walter, Mar 3, 2009.

  1. walter

    walter Guest

    walter, Mar 3, 2009

  2. Your failure to understnad relative threats and immanent threats is noted.

    Better leave the science to the scientists.

    ^_^

    -James Madison

    §ñühw¤£f, Mar 3, 2009

  3. walter

    Keyser Söze Guest

    From above or below? Would it even matter?

    Keyser Söze, Mar 3, 2009
  4. walter

    chuckcar Guest

    chuckcar, Mar 3, 2009
  5. walter

    Doug Guest

    Would these be the same scientists in the 70s who warned of the coming ice
    age due to global cooling and actually suggested spreading soot on the ice
    caps to promote melting?

    Yeah the scientists are never wrong.

    Of course we know that which supports global warming supports global
    warming, that which refutes global warming supports global warming, anybody
    who speaks against global warming isn't qualified to speak about global
    warming.

    If it's hot it's global warming, if it's cold it's global warming, if
    there's a lot of storms it's global warming, if it's a quiet season it's
    global warming.

    My suggestion would be if you're going to hold a global warming rally at
    least wait till it's, oh I don't know, WARM!

    Doug, Mar 3, 2009
  6. walter

    ftran999 Guest

    ftran999, Mar 3, 2009
  7. walter

    Evan Platt Guest

    He ain't smart enough to get hit by lightning.

    Evan Platt, Mar 3, 2009
  8. walter

    Evan Platt Guest

    You don't think. That's the problem.

    Evan Platt, Mar 3, 2009
  9. walter

    catchme Guest

    ok, all the ice at the top of the glass is melting.
    what happens to the water close to the bottom?
    that's right- the blizzard is an example of what occurs when the warmer
    climes start getting cooler, as the ice in the North melts and moves
    southward. The temperatures at the top and bottom of the glass- err,
    EARTH, are nearing parity.
    Or did you expect global warming to begin at the equator, despite all
    science reports indicating otherwise?

    catchme, Mar 4, 2009
  10. walter

    catchme Guest

    yes, the ice cubes are sliding further down the glass- ice bergs have
    been sighted off the coast of newfoundland- and no, Canada isn't all
    that cold....yet.
    so anyhow, the ice at the top of the glass melts, making the glass at
    the bottom, .....cooler.
    Science is working, as that blizzard indicates the temperature changes
    to warmer climes, are about to get a lot cooler.
    you have just seen the "tip of the iceberg".

    catchme, Mar 4, 2009
  11. walter

    catchme Guest

    those who are against global warming, are supported by big oil companies.
    This is not a mere supposition- I did a search on some of the largest
    deniers, who are published by the Heartland Institute, and then searched
    their financiers.

    As to the blizzard phenomena- think on what happens to the bottom of a
    glass when the ice at the top begins to melt.
    Sooner or later, the glass- the Earth- will achieve parity, as the ice
    becomes smaller and moves farther south....

    catchme, Mar 4, 2009
  13. walter

    Doug Guest

    This of course makes sense. Considering that "big oil" (bad guy music)
    stands to gain as much or more than any other industry during a worldwide
    conversion to so called "green" technologies. Where exactly to you think the
    billions of tons of feed stock (plastics, glass, rubber, steel, alloys,
    electronics, lubricants) required for such a conversion come from? They all
    are produced from or require for production (wait for it).... PETROLEUM.
    After that we're about out anyway. "Big oil" (bad guy music) knows this.
    Some say we've waited too long already. You like to "search on it." Do a
    search on global peak oil.
    Ah yes the planet is just like a glass of ice. Of course I'm not qualified
    to speak about global warming. (read above)

    Doug, Mar 4, 2009
  14. walter

    walter Guest

    Doug wrote:

    Bravo!

    Did you ever see this article comparing Captain Tree-Hugger's "carbon
    footprint" to that of the average American household? I only repost it
    because liberal hypocrisy tends to get buried by the mainstream media here
    in the U.S.

    http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/gorehome.asp

    walter, Mar 4, 2009
  15. Check out junkscience.com