Blazing Saddles (spoiler)

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Modemac, Sep 19, 2008.

  1. Modemac

    Modemac Guest

    I picked up the 30th-anniversary DVD release of "Blazing Saddles" the
    other day for only $4, so I was happy. It has an audio commentary by
    Mel Brooks that's only fair to middling, and a not-too-bad "making of"
    documentary as part of the special features. If you're a big fan of
    DVD special features and audio commentaries (as I am), this one won't
    rank too high on your "gotta get" list.

    But there's one funny line by Mel Brooks in there that I have to
    share. In the "making of" documentary, Brooks says that there was one
    particular line cut out of the film because Warner Bros. adamantly
    refused to keep it in the movie. It's the part where Lily von Shtupp
    is attempting to seduce the sherriff in her room backstage. She turns
    out the light, the screen goes black, and we can only hear the
    dialogue...

    "Tell me, is it twoo what they say about you guys?"
    <unzip>
    "Oooooh, it's twoo! It's TWOO! IT'S TWOO!"

    And Mel Brooks then says that right after this, the sherriff says an
    additional line:

    "Sorry to disappoint you, ma'am, but you're suckin' on my arm."

    So there you have it.

    Modemac, Sep 19, 2008

  2. Modemac

    Halmyre Guest

    I've heard about that line, and, to be honest, I'm glad it was dropped.

    Halmyre, Sep 19, 2008

  3. Once Upon A Time,
    Modemac wrote:

    Great decision to cut it out. That's awful.

    **
    Captain Infinity

    Captain Infinity, Sep 19, 2008
  4. Modemac

    AnimalMagic Guest

    How twoo. Me too.

    AnimalMagic, Sep 20, 2008
  5. Modemac

    Sourpuss Guest

    Fun Blazing Saddles drinking game:
    Do a shot every time a racial epithet is uttered.

    Sourpuss, Sep 23, 2008
  6. Beware - it is possible to die of alcohol poisoning.

    Don Stockbauer, Sep 23, 2008
  7. Kneecap?

    Don Stockbauer, Sep 23, 2008
  8. Modemac

    Jim Beaver Guest

    "Arm" fits the comedy math. "Elbow" doesn't. Too many syllables for the
    line.

    Jim Beaver

    Jim Beaver, Sep 23, 2008
  9. That's about like "you keep your heart in good condition because
    someday I'll need it for a transplant."

    Don Stockbauer, Sep 24, 2008
  10. Modemac

    Tony Harding Guest

    That's what I've heard from multiple sources.

    Tony Harding, Sep 24, 2008
  11. Modemac

    Anim8rFSK Guest

    Start off with champagne.

    Anim8rFSK, Sep 24, 2008
  12. Modemac

    just bob Guest

    Elbow is funnier, and it's two syllables so people get it the first time.

    just bob, Sep 24, 2008
  13. Modemac

    just bob Guest

    Is this also the commentary where he stopped speaking before the movie ends,
    or was that Young Frankenstein? I was pissed he did that!

    just bob, Sep 24, 2008
  14. Modemac

    AnimalMagic Guest

    Blucher!