    Any ideas....... thanks
    Has anyone ever had this problem of an empty application box just appearing
    out of nowhere on your Taskbar?

    don, Oct 11, 2003

  2. don

    °Mike° Guest

    Disable your screen saver? Also, try uninstalling Electronic
    Workbench if disabling screen saver makes no difference.

    As a last resort, scan your system:

    Anti-spyware:
    ---------------------
    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    Online Antivirus scanners:
    --------------------------
    http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ [See **]

    ** Caveat:
    http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/bugtraq/2003-07/0240.html

    Anti-virus programs:
    --------------------
    eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    Vet (Computer Associates)
    http://www.vet.com.au/html/products/index.html

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/software/antivirus/

    KAV (Kaspersky)
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    NOD32
    http://www.nod32.com/home/home.htm

    Norman Virus Control
    http://www.norman.com/products_nvc.shtml

    F-Prot
    http://www.f-prot.com/download/

    AVG
    http://www.grisoft.com/

    Control your startups:
    ----------------------
    StartupList
    http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/

    Startup Monitor
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml

    Startup Control Panel
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

    Check what's necessary and what isn't
    http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/startup_all.php

    °Mike°, Oct 11, 2003

  3. don

    don Guest

    I uninstalled Electronic Workbench and no more blank boxes.... but what the
    hell it was doing to my screen saver I have no idea....

    don, Oct 11, 2003
  4. don

    °Mike° Guest

    Maybe it's an old 16 bit program. Why didn't you try disabling
    your screensaver, as suggested? Screensavers often clash with
    other software, and are not needed on desktop computers.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Oct 11, 2003