blank monitor on new built pc

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by somonenotknown, Oct 5, 2003.

  1. check all compnants are seated well adn the the monitor cabling is fine and
    in the socket properly

    somonenotknown, Oct 5, 2003

  2. Hi all,
    Built a new pc with pc chips 825 main board which i believe has
    on-board graphics. Tried to use monitor (lg)from my existing (time uk )pc,
    but it is blank on boot-up and stays that way. I am assuming any monitor
    would work, obviously i'm wrong!! Pc seems to boot ok.

    Any help much appreciated!!

    Thannks Richy

    vanessa hicks, Oct 5, 2003

  3. somonenotknown

    Miggsee Guest

    Is this reply in English?

    Miggsee, Oct 5, 2003
  4. somonenotknown

    Trent C Guest

    Built a new pc with pc chips 825 main board which i believe has
    Check in the BIOS to see whether the on-board graphics is enabled or
    disabled.

    Trent C, Oct 5, 2003
  5. somonenotknown

    Meat-Plow Guest

    You "believe" it has onboard graphics?? Find someone who knows what
    they're doing and have them look your build over before you ruin your
    hardware.

    Meat-Plow, Oct 5, 2003
  6. somonenotknown

    Patrick Guest

    I would have expected the VGA to have worked right away on any monitor.
    Did you reset the BIOS with the jumper (J2 perhaps) as directed in the
    manual, the BIOS could be in any ole state otherwise.

    You do have a manual for the motherboard don't you, and have read it?
    If not you can easily download one from PCChips website.

    http://www.pcchips.com.tw/manual/manual.asp?module_id=4

    Patrick, Oct 5, 2003
  7. Thanks all for advice

    Rich

    vanessa hicks, Oct 5, 2003
  8. Hi again,
    No luck with the BIOS jumpers, still a blank screen.

    Richy

    vanessa hicks, Oct 5, 2003
  9. somonenotknown

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Miggsee continued:
    Barely ;-)

    slumpy, Oct 5, 2003