    A wise monkey is a monkey who doesn't monkey
    with an other monkey's monkey.
    (A very free paraphrase of Exodus 20:14).

    John, Apr 7, 2005

  2. John

    Roland Guest

    Type
    about:config
    in the addressbar and change the value of
    browser.startup.page
    Meaning of possible values of this preferences:
    0: Blank
    1: Home (a.k.a. browser.startup.homepage)
    2: Last (probably does not work in Firefox)
    See <http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries#Browser..2A>
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \

    Roland, Apr 7, 2005

  3. I am using Moz for reference, but it should be about the same.

    Go to edit>preference, and in the navigator preferences (which should
    comme up first) you will see a pull-down tab that might say "display on
    radio button below that that says "blank page", the effect is produced
    poly-p man

    Poly-poly man, Apr 7, 2005
  4. John

    Roland Guest

    Well that's the problem with Firefox, it has no widget in the options
    dialog to configure it. It can be done with about:config, though.
    --
    Regards,

    Roland de Ruiter
    ___ ___
    /__/ w_/ /__/
    / \ /_/ / \

    Roland, Apr 7, 2005
  5. John

    John Guest

    Thanks, Roland - works like a charm!

    John <><

    John, Apr 8, 2005
  6. John

    lacunae Guest

    Option 2 seems to work fine in Firefox 1.0 (linux) and 1.0.2 (windows)
    it would be nice if there was an option that would reopen a set of tabs
    or all the tabs that were there (like a "Last tabs" function)
    the latter is probably more useful to add, since you can already bookmark
    and open a set of tabs. being able to start up with "last tabs" would be
    useful in situations where you shut down the browser (or computer)
    without bookmarking a set and then realise that you werent quite done
    looking at them.

    lacunae, Apr 11, 2005
  7. John

    Justin Guest

    lacunae wrote on [Mon, 11 Apr 2005 15:15:06 -0500]:
    checkout the session saver extension
    http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-info/sessionsaver

    Justin, Apr 13, 2005