    Last night I watched the new high definition DVD of Blade Runner.

    This is one of the best transfers to DVD I have seen. Both the picture and
    sound are absolutely superb.

    Kuskokwim, Dec 23, 2007

  2. Kuskokwim

    T.B. Guest

    "Kuskokwim" wrote:

    > Last night I watched the new high definition DVD of Blade Runner.
    >
    > This is one of the best transfers to DVD I have seen. Both the picture and
    > sound are absolutely superb.

    I picked up the blu-ray version this week and agree at least the "final cut"
    is simply beautiful to watch. However, the multi-disc keepcase Warner Bros
    packaged this set in is simply unacceptable as several of the discs were
    rattling around loose when I opened the package and the workprint disc has a
    pretty nasty scuff makr although it plays fine.

    T.B.

    T.B., Dec 23, 2007

  3. On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 08:41:06 -0800, "T.B." <>
    wrote:

    >"Kuskokwim" wrote:
    >
    >> Last night I watched the new high definition DVD of Blade Runner.
    >>
    >> This is one of the best transfers to DVD I have seen. Both the picture and
    >> sound are absolutely superb.

    >I picked up the blu-ray version this week and agree at least the "final cut"
    >is simply beautiful to watch. However, the multi-disc keepcase Warner Bros
    >packaged this set in is simply unacceptable as several of the discs were
    >rattling around loose when I opened the package and the workprint disc has a
    >pretty nasty scuff makr although it plays fine.
    >
    >T.B.

    You probably should have bought the ultimate collection then.

    The case has nothing to do with it. It is the idiots that put the
    discs in the package. There is no way for the read surface to get
    touched if it is on its hub correctly. If you bought it online, the
    handling between warehouse and your door is probably the culprit.

    I examine ALL disc read surfaces AT the store, and get any scratched
    purchases replaced immediately. ALL of my discs are in pristine, mint
    condition, from my Laser Disc collection, all the way up.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Dec 23, 2007
  4. Kuskokwim

    Kuskokwim Guest

    On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 08:41:06 -0800, T.B. wrote:

    > "Kuskokwim" wrote:
    >
    >> Last night I watched the new high definition DVD of Blade Runner.
    >>
    >> This is one of the best transfers to DVD I have seen. Both the picture and
    >> sound are absolutely superb.

    > I picked up the blu-ray version this week and agree at least the "final cut"
    > is simply beautiful to watch. However, the multi-disc keepcase Warner Bros
    > packaged this set in is simply unacceptable as several of the discs were
    > rattling around loose when I opened the package and the workprint disc has a
    > pretty nasty scuff makr although it plays fine.
    >
    > T.B.

    Disk 5 was rattling around in mine, but it wasn't damaged.

    Kuskokwim, Dec 23, 2007
  5. Kuskokwim

    Kuskokwim Guest

    On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:07:38 -0800, ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:

    > I examine ALL disc read surfaces AT the store, and get any scratched
    > purchases replaced immediately. ALL of my discs are in pristine, mint
    > condition, from my Laser Disc collection, all the way up.

    Oh!! Aren't you special.

    Kuskokwim, Dec 23, 2007
  6. On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:39:14 -0800, Kuskokwim <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:07:38 -0800, ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:
    >
    >> I examine ALL disc read surfaces AT the store, and get any scratched
    >> purchases replaced immediately. ALL of my discs are in pristine, mint
    >> condition, from my Laser Disc collection, all the way up.

    >Oh!! Aren't you special.

    More so than a retarded, one liner dope like you, that is for certain.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Dec 23, 2007
  7. Kuskokwim

    T.B. Guest

    "ChairmanOfTheBored" wrote:

    (snip)

    >>I picked up the blu-ray version this week and agree at least the "final
    >>cut"
    >>is simply beautiful to watch. However, the multi-disc keepcase Warner
    >>Bros
    >>packaged this set in is simply unacceptable as several of the discs were
    >>rattling around loose when I opened the package and the workprint disc has
    >>pretty nasty scuff makr although it plays fine.
    >>
    >>T.B.

    > You probably should have bought the ultimate collection then.

    That's the one in the metal suitcase, right? Are the discs packaged in that
    case in something different than the light blue plastic slipcase? If so, I
    thought about picking it up but I really don't want anything other than the
    discs themselves and as it turned out, I didn't see the suitcase version at
    any retailer I happened to go to this week.

    T.B.

    T.B., Dec 24, 2007
  8. Kuskokwim

    Richard C. Guest

    "ChairmanOfTheBored" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 08:41:06 -0800, "T.B." <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>"Kuskokwim" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Last night I watched the new high definition DVD of Blade Runner.
    >>>
    >>> This is one of the best transfers to DVD I have seen. Both the picture
    >>> and
    >>> sound are absolutely superb.

    >>I picked up the blu-ray version this week and agree at least the "final
    >>cut"
    >>is simply beautiful to watch. However, the multi-disc keepcase Warner
    >>Bros
    >>packaged this set in is simply unacceptable as several of the discs were
    >>rattling around loose when I opened the package and the workprint disc has
    >>pretty nasty scuff makr although it plays fine.
    >>
    >>T.B.

    > You probably should have bought the ultimate collection then.
    >

    > The case has nothing to do with it. It is the idiots that put the
    > discs in the package. There is no way for the read surface to get
    > touched if it is on its hub correctly. If you bought it online, the
    > handling between warehouse and your door is probably the culprit.
    >
    > I examine ALL disc read surfaces AT the store, and get any scratched
    > purchases replaced immediately. ALL of my discs are in pristine, mint
    > condition, from my Laser Disc collection, all the way up.

    =======================
    You are soooooo kewl!

    Richard C., Dec 24, 2007
  9. On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 02:01:14 -0500, Sterculius <> wrote:

    > I guess a large corporation like Warner probably
    >wouldn't think to use an automated assembly line for
    >pressing and packaging DVD's.

    The last INSPECTION is by human eye, and they place it in the case,
    idiot. Just like with circuit boards, it is commonly referred to as a
    manual assembly step.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Dec 24, 2007
  10. Kuskokwim

    Sterculius Guest

    On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:01:28 -0800, ChairmanOfTheBored
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 02:01:14 -0500, Sterculius <> wrote:
    >
    >> I guess a large corporation like Warner probably
    >>wouldn't think to use an automated assembly line for
    >>pressing and packaging DVD's.

    > The last INSPECTION is by human eye, and they place it in the case,
    >idiot. Just like with circuit boards, it is commonly referred to as a
    >manual assembly step.

    Mini Prong is also a DVD manufacturing expert; say it ain't
    so!

    Sterculius, Dec 24, 2007
  11. Kuskokwim

    Mark W Guest

    "Kuskokwim" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:07:38 -0800, ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:
    >
    >> I examine ALL disc read surfaces AT the store, and get any scratched
    >> purchases replaced immediately. ALL of my discs are in pristine, mint
    >> condition, from my Laser Disc collection, all the way up.

    > Oh!! Aren't you special.

    Last week I broke into his house and scratched several of his discs, then
    left. When he finds out which ones, won't he be cross!

    Mark W, Dec 24, 2007
  12. "ChairmanOfMyAss" <> wrote in
    message news:eek:...
    > On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 02:01:14 -0500, Sterculius <> wrote:
    >
    >> I guess a large corporation like Warner probably
    >>wouldn't think to use an automated assembly line for
    >>pressing and packaging DVD's.

    > The last INSPECTION is by human eye, and they place it in the case,
    > idiot. Just like with circuit boards, it is commonly referred to as a
    > manual assembly step.

    And you would know, Oh Holy CornHolio, because you've worked in a factory
    for minimum wage your whole life. After your Mother gave birth to you in a
    CrackHouse.

    --
    © Johnny Slothman
    Slowest Contractor In The West

    Johnny Slothman, Dec 26, 2007
  13. "ChairmanOfMyAss" <> wrote in
    message news:eek:...

    Johnny Slothman, Dec 26, 2007
  14. On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 07:55:53 -0700, "Johnny Slothman" <>
    wrote:

    > Johnny Slothman

    Double posting retard.

    ChairmanOfTheBored, Dec 26, 2007
  15. Kuskokwim

    willbill Guest

    Kuskokwim wrote:

    > Last night I watched the new high definition DVD of Blade Runner.

    ok

    > This is one of the best transfers to DVD I have seen.

    agreed

    also try HD-DVD Pride and Prejudice (2005),
    which also has decent hidef multichannel,
    as well as being an excellent movie

    > Both the picture and
    > sound are absolutely superb.

    agreed