Black Spot Appears In Same Location Depending How I Zoom

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mem4wwf, Jul 22, 2006.

  1. Mem4wwf

    Mem4wwf Guest

    Mem4wwf, Jul 22, 2006

  2. Mem4wwf

    Mister Max Guest

    Yes it's dust somewhere in the lens mechanism. I have several of them,
    probably from keeping my S400 in my pants pocket. They only show against a
    bright sky, so they are easy to remove with Photoshop rubber stamp.

    It's probably obscured by the dark part of the subject.
    - Max

    --
    MisterMax

    http://buten.net/max/
    Slideshows of Egypt (new), Jordan (brand new), Angkor Wat, Bali, Crete,
    France, Malaysia, Maui, Morocco, Mt Holly, Myanmar, Sicily, St Tropez,
    Singapore, Thailand, Tour de France.

    http://pbase.com/mistermax - Shadows and Reflections

    Mister Max, Jul 23, 2006

  3. Mem4wwf

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    That third photo might obscure the black spot because of the placement
    of the dark colors in the area where the spot is found. Your camera
    probably needs to be cleaned.

    Shawn Hirn, Jul 25, 2006
  4. Mem4wwf

    Hoover Guest