    dot programmer at gmail dot com, or respond to this posting.

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    Mark

    Mark, Apr 26, 2005

  2. Mark

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Mark expostulated for all the world
    to hear;
    Two words: "Caveat Emptor"!

    LOL! Sorry.

    LOLOL! No, really, I apologise.

    "provide proof that I bought the book"

    ROTFL! Sorry, sorry...

    "discount book seller"

    HAHAHAHAhahahaha! mmph...mmm...ppppffffttt HAHAHAhahaha!

    Thanks! You just made my day.

    JaR, Apr 26, 2005

  3. Mark

    Mark Guest

    JaR,

    I appreciate your "help" on the matter, but your response does not seem to
    get me anywhere. I purchased the book from Amazon's used book center.
    Therefore, simply returning the book would not be desirable, as the shipping
    cost to me would significant in comparison to what I paid.

    Mark

    Mark, Apr 26, 2005
  4. Mark

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Mark expostulated for all the world
    to hear;
    Oh? Did you read this?

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/537868/no-
    link/ref=olp_offerlisting_4/002-9351038-7633642

    http://tinyurl.com/8felm

    It seems that if you indeed did buy the book through Amazon, you are
    entitled to full refund.

    Next?

    JaR, Apr 26, 2005
  5. Mark

    Mark Guest

    I can get a refund but I will have to ship the book back to the individual
    who I bought it from on Amazon's Used Book Market (in fact, the merchant
    offered that). The book is fine, and I need it, the other 3 CDs are fine,
    even though I will not use them, and I want to get started with my studying
    ASAP. Plus, there is no guarantee that the next guy I buy it from will
    include all of the CDs regardless of whether it states the book to be new or
    not.

    If you don't want to help than that is fine, but please allow the bandwidth
    usage for others who may be more cooperative and sympathetic to my dilemma.

    Mark

    Mark

    Mark, Apr 26, 2005
  6. Mark

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Mark expostulated for all the world
    to hear;
    Then why did you say that the shipping cost was prohibitive?
    Ah, well. At least it was cheap, yes?
    Well, technically, yes there is a guarantee, you just choose to not avail
    yourself of it.
    Oh, MS has loads of bandwidth. No need to worry about overloading the
    servers. Sorry you allowed yourself to land in this dilemma, though.

    We now return you for your regularly scheduled and much deserved sympathy
    and helpfulness.

    LOL! ...Sorry...sorry...it just snuck out.

    JaR, Apr 26, 2005
  7. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Not sure why you chose me to pick on today. I guess the pre-school was
    closed today. Get a life buddy.

    BTW, for those who care, MSPress was quite helpful with me and my situation
    when I called them. I gave them a few numbers off my book and they are
    sending the CD to me free of charge. For those who fall into a similar
    situation in the future, simply goto the FAQ section of the MSPress website
    and there is a phone number there to call for this specific situation. [This
    is my being helpful to the next fella down the road since apparently JaR is
    not willing or able to offer any useful advice.]

    Mark

    Mark, Apr 27, 2005
  8. Mark

    Kline Sphere Guest

    BTW, for those who care, MSPress was quite helpful with me and my situation
    Well done, easy no? Common sense would have dictated this particular
    action in the first place.
    useful advice, like 'make sure you open your eyes before crossing the
    road'....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Apr 28, 2005
  9. Mark

    CBIC Guest

    Or my favorite "make sure your fly is zipped before giving a presentation."
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38

    CBIC, Apr 28, 2005