    folder.

    I do not have a backup of my profile, is there any known way to
    recover them???

    Gerald Orvis Davis, Nov 7, 2005

  2. Gerald Orvis Davis

    gwtc Guest

    Gerald Orvis Davis wrote:

    > Awoke this morning with all my bookmarks gone. Nothing, nada, Zip.
    > Tried to run firefox.exe -p and only found the default profile. All my
    > plugins, extensions, remembered passwords for sites, ect,,,, work just
    > fine, all the bookmarks are gone, including the ones in the toolbar
    > folder.
    >
    > I do not have a backup of my profile, is there any known way to
    > recover them???

    Close FF. Then using your file manager locate your profile and look
    for a file called bookmarks.html. Is it there? If not, then do you
    see one called bookmarks.bak? If so, then rename it to bookmarks.html.

    To locate your FF profile, see this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit#profile

    But first, if you're using windows, then your profile is hidden, so
    you have to unhide window files, and to do that see this:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    gwtc, Nov 7, 2005

  3. Gerald Orvis Davis

    Tony Raven Guest

    gwtc wrote:

    > Close FF. Then using your file manager locate your profile and look for
    > a file called bookmarks.html. Is it there? If not, then do you see one
    > called bookmarks.bak? If so, then rename it to bookmarks.html.

    ITYM make a copy of it and rename it bookmarks.html.

    --
    Tony

    right."
    - Lord Hailsham