    that he sets his DL vrs. UL speeds, how can I do that.

    Thanks
    Charlie

    cc, May 2, 2004

  2. cc

    Unk Guest

    Check to see if the MTU and RWIN are optimized for the DSL modem.
    MTU-1492 RWIN-32767
    Tweak test: http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks

    Make any recomended changes with their "DrTCP", reboot and test again.
    http://www.dslreports.com/front/DRTCP021.zip

    Test your speed before, and after optimizing:
    http://speedcheck2.optonline.net/speedcheck/speedcheck.html
    (Requires Java)

    Java Virtual Machine version 5.0.3810
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/m...l/MSJavWU_8073687b82d41db93f4c2a04af2b34d.exe

    Unk, May 2, 2004

  3. cc

    Lord Jester Guest

    From what I hear it is also dependent on what you a sharing also.
    It your not sharing anything then you get lower speeds. 512 Mega Bit
    DSL will get you around... 80KB/sec I believe. But good luck on
    reaching that. :) I have a 3 Mega bit cable connection and rarely
    see anything beyond 500KB/sec.Unless of course I'm transferring
    directly from PC to PC then it's 1000-1400.

    JesterDev

    JesterDev

    Lord Jester, May 2, 2004
  4. I take it you are using the official bittorent which doesn't allow you to
    set much.
    Download the shadow experimental one from http://bittornado.com/
    Its a lot better and allows you to set your max upload speed

    Gaz

    Gareth not NLL or anybody else., May 2, 2004