    Is there any way to increase this.

    Thanks
    Charlie

    cc, May 2, 2004

  2. cc

    Parko Guest

    I too am a Mandrake Club member, and quite happy to pay the
    subscription. However I tend to wait until the ISOs become available on
    the mirrors because my ISP charges for uploads as well as downloads.
    Sucks really, but I have to live with a virtual monopoly as far as
    telcos go. Scope the Wiki for further information.

    http://wiki.etree.org/index.php?page=BitTorrent

    Using Windows XP is just so weird...

    Parko, May 2, 2004

  3. Stick with it and it will pick up. Resign yourself to leaving your machine
    on for the amount of time it takes, PLUS some more time to allow people to
    get the files from you.

    Or, alternatively (as someone else suggested), wait for the ISOs to be
    available on the mirrors--sometime in the next month or so. Worth it I
    think.

    Gary G. Taylor, May 2, 2004
  4. If you set your upload speed to high, it can decrease your download speed as
    it has to download extra info to check that what you have on your pc has the
    correct file info. I think its called hash checking or something like that
    Taken from bitorent website
    I'm behind a firewall/NAT, can I use BitTorrent?
    Yes, but you will get better performance if other peers can connect to you.
    By default, BitTorrent listens on port 6881, trying incrementially higher
    ports if it's unable to bind, and gives up after 6889 (the port range is
    configurable). It's up to you to figure out how to poke a hole in your
    firewall/NAT.

    Whats the port 80 bit you are mentioning???

    Gaz

    Gareth not NLL or anybody else., May 2, 2004