    an album but was taking ages mainly because i appeared to be uploading
    something but have no idea what as i've not told the program to do that.
    Sorry if i seem a bit thick but would appreciate some suggestions. Thanks.

    Dodgy Dave, Apr 24, 2004

  2. Dodgy Dave

    Boomer Guest

    Hi

    I don't use any p2p programs but you might want to ask over at
    alt.bittorrent

    If your news server doesn't have that group ask them to create it on
    their server. You can also read/post to that group via Google Groups.

    Boomer, Apr 24, 2004

  3. Dodgy Dave

    Robin Hall Guest

    as you download you are also serving to useers the same file. this is how
    bittorrent works. the more people logged on downloading nad uploading hte
    faster the files go. In theory this is good but if you find a file that is
    not popular it will take forever and a day to download. .

    Robin

    Robin Hall, Apr 24, 2004
  4. Dodgy Dave

    Dodgy Dave Guest

    Thanks Robin. Have googled and read some faq's on this program/system & am
    much clearer on how it works. Already found out that some files will take
    forever. Thanks again.

    Dodgy Dave, Apr 24, 2004
  5. I wasn't worried about uploading when I first used it, but what was puzzling
    was that I had uploaded more than I had downloaded.

    David Griffin, Apr 24, 2004
  6. Dodgy Dave

    boon Guest

    Why didnt you just google in the first place?. You stupid, naughty, bad
    little boy.

    boon, Apr 24, 2004