    my zonealarm, NAV, NIE is all open to accept downloads (limewire, NG etc all
    work fine)

    any ideas? or is it just plain slow? like 2 days slow?

    Silent Bob., Sep 9, 2004

  2. Silent Bob.

    docmill Guest

    Just get it from another site.

    docmill, Sep 9, 2004

  3. Silent Bob.

    Silent Bob. Guest

    sorry im new to all this

    where could i go?

    Silent Bob., Sep 9, 2004
  4. Silent Bob.

    docmill Guest

    You could delete all your Temp Inet files and Temp files and try again from
    the same site, or download from a different site.
    You need to spell out what it is you are looking for. Alternate sites
    don't come blind.

    docmill, Sep 9, 2004
  5. Silent Bob.

    Silent Bob. Guest

    oh ok, thanks

    im looking for documents and software

    Silent Bob., Sep 9, 2004
  6. Silent Bob.

    docmill Guest

    You lost me BOB. Do you know how to delete your temporary internet files
    and the temp direrctory content? If you do this and try again, chances are
    good you can get there.
    If not, what is it you are trying to download, and somebody will give you
    an alternative site. Docs and software is not a helpful description.

    docmill, Sep 9, 2004
  7. Silent Bob.

    Kenny Guest

    I have used Suprnova and Bittorrent with no problems. Watch out for a fake
    Suprnova site which looks the same but wants money from you. Have just
    tried "Adobe Photoshop CS Classroom in a Book.pdf and no problems.
    http://www.suprnova.org/
    under "Misc/Manuals".
    Look at the number of seeds, this is the number of sources where the file is
    available.
    That error message also comes up regularly with me but doesn't seem to
    affect download.

    Kenny, Sep 9, 2004
  8. Silent Bob.

    Kenny Guest

    Not 100% sure but I think that this error message means that one of the
    sources has dropped out. Also it may take a while for the download to start
    and the speed picks up slowly.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Sep 9, 2004