    4-9 kB/s. I have set custom ports 45455-45655. This was the same at my
    friends house too. I was just wondering what I can do at home to
    increase this dismal speed.

    Justin, Oct 23, 2005

  2. Justin

    Trax Guest

    |>hello i just have a question about bit torrent. i was at my friends
    |>house, SBC DSL, and maxed out his bandwidth on the download of knoppix.
    |> I have now returned home, SSSnet Cable, and I'm only getting about
    |>4-9 kB/s. I have set custom ports 45455-45655. This was the same at my
    |>friends house too. I was just wondering what I can do at home to
    |>increase this dismal speed.

    Have you tried Azureus http://azureus.sourceforge.net/ It's very
    tweakable, I use in on the default port of 6881 and it works fine.

    With torrents what you upload determines what you download. If you
    throttle down the upload, you download speed will also decrease.

    Trax, Oct 23, 2005

  3. i use azureus and i have my upload set at 30 the max of my service and
    still only get about 5-9 my max down speed is 64

    Justin Mincks, Oct 23, 2005
  4. Justin

    Thip Guest

    I set mine on max/max and it sped up considerably.

    Thip, Oct 23, 2005
  5. Justin bashed at the keyboard and came up with:
    depends on the speed of the person you are downloading from, how many
    segments available, p2p is evil anyway.

    Michael Thompson, Oct 23, 2005
  6. Justin

    Donald Guest

    also depends on how seeds many an there uploads speed is

    Donald, Oct 23, 2005
  7. Donald bashed at the keyboard and came up with:
    Dont top post.

    Michael Thompson, Oct 23, 2005
  8. Justin

    Mara Guest

    Top-posting is and always has been part and parcel of 24HSHD, as a service to
    those who use text-to-speech readers. If you don't like it, then either don't
    read the posts or killfile the poster, but don't try to "save" other posters
    from what is an accepted practice in *this* newsgroup.

    "It makes you look like a newbie. Or a troll."

    Mara, Oct 24, 2005
  9. Justin

    The Shed Guest

    Use ports over 20,000 for a start
    also understand that some clients report the download rate in KB/s not
    kb/s huge difference
    kilobytes versus kilobits factor of 8

    The Shed, Oct 24, 2005
  10. Justin

    Justin Guest

    ok the download is still progressing but now at 8-12 KB/s avg. there is
    now more seeders and less peers then there was at my friends house and
    the swarm avg is 43 KB/s. Is it possible that my ISP has some sort of
    way to throttle the connections since Bit Torrent is used by pirates as
    much or more then the legal downloaders of Bit Torrents.

    Justin, Oct 24, 2005