    avi files without permission - or worse?

    Thank you,
    Lisa

    Lisa Taylor, Aug 19, 2004

  2. Lisa Taylor

    Flying Rat Guest

    BT shares files, or more precisely bits of them. The upload is those
    bits of the file you already have, that others need.

    FR

    Flying Rat, Aug 19, 2004

  3. Lisa Taylor

    Lord Jester Guest

    What is being uploaded is what you have already downloaded of the current
    file. Bit torrent is based on users sharing what they download. For example
    most prefer that you upload (seed) to a 1:1 ratio. In other words, upload
    what you download. No worries about your personal files being uploaded
    unless you specifically build a torrent file and upload (seed) it.

    For more info check out this FAQ:
    http://dessent.net/btfaq/

    Hope this helps,
    JesterDev