    I know that XP users say it works straight out of
    the box for them. Any suggestions before I get
    a more expensive CF card reader.

    Irwell, Feb 19, 2004

  2. I've tried a motherboard specific 6 in 1 reader in '98, and could only get
    Compact Flash to work. They do something in the BIOS or something to prevent
    it working with other motherboards.

    Steven M. Scharf, Feb 19, 2004

  3. Irwell

    Irwell Guest

    That seems to be the case, oh well I'll have to get
    a compatible.
    So if anyone with XP wants a six in one reader
    for $10 post paid, its yours.

    Irwell, Feb 19, 2004
  4. Irwell

    Dave Guest

    Do you have the right version of Win98? If you don't have 2nd Edition, you
    don't have USB support, period.

    Dave, Feb 20, 2004
  5. Irwell

    Irwell Guest

    Yes it is the right version. The USB works fine
    with other input devices, including the Canon A80 camera.

    Irwell, Feb 20, 2004
  6. ....

    No. You are thinking of Win95. All versions of Win98 support USB devices.

    --
    Dan (Woj...) dmaster (at) lucent (dot) com

    "Darkness, darkness, be my pillow / Take my hand and let me sleep
    In the coolness of your shadow / In the silence of your deep
    Darkness, darkness, long and lonesome / Is the day that brings me here
    I have felt the edge of silence / I have known the depths of fear"

    Dan Wojciechowski, Feb 20, 2004