    I installed a new internal 500GB slave HD but am unable to access it
    since My Computer does not see it.. Any hints? I'd be grateful for any
    help.

    Gil, Jan 3, 2011

  2. Gil

    Jordon Guest

    Right-click My Computer and select Manage. Under Storage/Disk Management
    do you see it there? Windows may have assigned it a drive letter that's
    already in use, therefor it's hidden. If it's there, right-click it and
    change the drive letter.

    Jordon, Jan 3, 2011

  3. Gil

    Mike S. Guest

    Partition and format the slave drive.

    START --> My Computer --> [right click] Manage ---> Storage-Disk
    Management

    Mike S., Jan 3, 2011
  4. Gil

    Patrick Guest

    Is the drive seen in 'Disk Management'

    Control Panel
    If it is, then it may just needs to be 'Activated' or/and 'Partitioned' and
    formatted

    Patrick, Jan 4, 2011
  5. Gil

    richard Guest

    Did the box include a CD? Try running the setup disk.
    Once the drive is initialized and formatted, then windows will see it.
    I just did one and windows 7 sees it with no trouble.

    richard, Jan 4, 2011
  6. Gil

    Meat Plow Guest

    LOL!

    Subject: BIOS sees 500GB Slave HD but My Computer does not see it.

    Meat Plow, Jan 4, 2011
  7. Gil

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    WTF? ROFL!!!!!!!
    The only correct part of your answer.
    Don't worry, you can't be arrested for that (Probably)

    Desk Rabbit, Jan 4, 2011
  8. Gil

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Longer. In fact so long ago I'm having trouble remembering. Maybe some
    retail boxes have CDs with them but they'll be full of shite that has
    SFA to do with getting the drive recognised by the OS.

    Desk Rabbit, Jan 4, 2011
  9. Gil

    Gil Guest

    Thanks Mike. Problem is now solved due to your and the others input.

    Gil, Jan 4, 2011
  10. Gil

    Meat Plow Guest

    Hello Pot. My name is Kettle. Please stop calling me black.

    ....heh

    Meat Plow, Jan 4, 2011
  11. Meat Plow <> pinched this steaming loaf
    yer stuck in a loop...try ctl+z...

    §ñühw¤£f, Jan 5, 2011