    commands without getting that error message...
    ani ideas ...I've checked all mobo jumpers/connections
    and removed all other disks.. TIA ...

    Andrew, Jan 5, 2006

  2. Andrew

    old jon Guest

    Hi Andy, go here and have a good read first:
    http://www.pcnineoneone.com/howto/biosflash1.html
    Read it all, so you understand what you`re doing.
    best wishes..OJ

    old jon, Jan 5, 2006

  3. Andrew

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Andrew spewed forth:
    You have to tell it the NAME of the command interpreter - usually
    A:command.com on a floppy disk. If you don't have command.com on the floppy
    disk, you need to get a bootable disk that works and has all the correct
    files on it.

    If this error message is coming up when booting from the hard drive, then
    the command interpreter could be different places, even different names. But
    if you haven't installed a working OS on the HD, you don't have one there in
    the first place. Have you installed an OS? If so, which one? (I don't think
    NT/W2K/XP use a command interpreter like the Win9X and DOS boot systems
    did...)

    Toolman Tim, Jan 5, 2006
  4. Andrew

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Andrew spewed forth:
    That message usually only means that the time and date and stuff in CMOS
    wasn't set right.

    I think you should probably leave the building of systems to someone who
    knows what they are doing.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 5, 2006
  5. Andrew

    Plato Guest

    The first time I went out on a service call to do the same, the "new
    builder" screwed the mobo directly onto the metal plate with no
    standoffs. Luckily, it didn't phark the mobo and I was able to salvage
    his mistake.

    He was also working on his living rooms shag carpet, and had all the
    parts laid out on the shag rug, in the wintertime, no less. ie static
    city.

    Plato, Jan 5, 2006
  6. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    I've told it that many times ... and i've used several different
    boot floppys ... all which had command.com on them..along with
    the rest,,,

    If you don't have command.com on the floppy
    it has windows xp pro ... a cracked copy i think..actually..you're
    right ... this is a dangerous task to take on eh ?..
    point taken .. ta all.

    Andrew, Jan 6, 2006
  7. Andrew

    Ben Myers Guest