Bios not seeing graphics card

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Fastmoggy, Oct 24, 2010.

  1. Fastmoggy

    Fastmoggy Guest

    Hi,
    not long bought a ATI radeon HD 4350 1Gig graphics card and since installing
    it from an old 256 card ive had nothing but problems with it.
    For starters i'll give you the system info

    Using Win XP pro
    3gig single core P4
    Gigabyte GA-945PL-S3 motherboard
    2 gig ram interleaved
    that pesky radeon HD 4350 graphics card

    Ok on installing the card ive not noticed any improvement in overall
    performance, if anything now slower to load applications and web pages
    On P.O.S.T the card is not recognised but appears in the device drivers but
    i think that's because i have the drivers installed for it.The old drivers
    were removed.When playing Half life i now get the error message OS PAGED
    POOL MEMORY LOW.

    Anyway after a few days i gave up and decided to format the old girl and
    start again but i have the same problems in bios not detecting it but
    ,again, listed in device manager.
    I have now 'reseated' the pesky card twice with now change and even the
    memory after it decided i had a dram error.
    I have updated the bios the the most current as with the graphics card but i
    think it's beaten me!
    So if anyone can give me any helpful advice to fix this, it would stop me
    useing it for target practice very soon!
    Thank's in advance for any help or helpful advice.

    Fastmoggy, Oct 24, 2010

  2. Fastmoggy

    Fastmoggy Guest

    Ok seems like i was sold a dud!

    This card is not intended for gaming! It's more an home entertainment card
    with blu ray output.

    Looks like the salesman forgot to mention that and just point out it was a
    1gig card!
    Oh well you live and learn?
    Just hope that guys a fast runner! LOL

    Fastmoggy, Oct 25, 2010

  3. Fastmoggy

    chuckcar Guest

    Graphics cards appear *before* post. IF your monitor is on before your
    computer you *may* see a message in the top left of the screen if you're
    really quick. If you get *anything* on the screen, clearly the card's
    working.
    That's system memory.
    Do a ram test on your *system* memory. That is on your motherboard. Try
    reseating the simms first though. ground yourself while you're doing it.

    chuckcar, Oct 25, 2010
  4. Fastmoggy

    Tony Guest

    If he has nano-eyes he'd be making a living hitting baseballs or a big
    league goalie with reflexes down to a billionth of a second.
    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first day
    on the job for potty mouth,

    the realm of understandability

    Tony, Oct 25, 2010
  5. Fastmoggy

    Fastmoggy Guest

    Yep did all that and alls well.
    I have watched very closely,believe me! and no mention of graphics card even
    using the pause button on keyboard. I have a quick trigger finger !!

    Well it's no use now anyway as after looking round the net, the card is no
    good for gaming, it has no cooling fan so gets hot very quick.
    using it for just video's it's fine as it was intended with blu ray.

    Thanks anyway

    Fastmoggy, Oct 25, 2010
  6. Fastmoggy

    Meat Plow Guest

    The NVidia 8xxx cards are decent gamers. If your board does SLI like mine
    does you can gang two PCIe cards together.

    Meat Plow, Oct 25, 2010
  7. Fastmoggy

    Buffalo Guest

    You could try taking it back to the store you bought it from and ask for a
    replacement.

    Perhaps the card is faulty.

    Well you learned something about video card memory. More doesn't necessarily
    make it faster than a card with lower,faster memory and with more pipelines,
    etc.

    Buffalo

    PS:I would again try uninstallihng the present video card drivers completely
    and rebooting the computer with its Standard VGA drivers. Then go to the
    folder where you have the lastest drivers for that card (already dl'd and
    ready to install, of course), and install them at that time.

    Buffalo, Oct 25, 2010
  8. Fastmoggy

    chuckcar Guest

    Well have you run dxdiag to make sure your card does direct3d fine? Run
    the tests under "Display".

    chuckcar, Oct 26, 2010