    What else can I do here? What are my options?

    thanks in advance

    TB

    T.B., Dec 17, 2004

  2. T.B.

    WTC Guest

    Were you having problems before you flashed your BIOS. If not, why would you
    do this. A general rule with the BIOS is, if you are not having problems DO
    NOT flash the BIOS.

    A bad BIOS flash could mean no more posting of the computer which means a
    non-working motherboard.

    WTC, Dec 17, 2004

  3. T.B.

    T.B. Guest

    yes i was having problems. the blue screen problem that I posted about. i
    flashed the bios after the problem originally occurred. I didn't just flash
    it out of the clear blue sky if that's what you were inferring.

    TB

    T.B., Dec 17, 2004
  4. T.B.

    WTC Guest

    WTC, Dec 17, 2004
  5. T.B.

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Dec 17, 2004
  6. T.B.

    T.B. Guest

    i couldn't find any ACPI settings in the Bios. anyone know where they are
    in A13?

    i also searched Dell's Forums for possible solutions and found a couple of
    things, but nothing that worked.

    TB

    T.B., Dec 17, 2004
  7. T.B.

    T.B. Guest

    this link definitely pertains to my problem, but since I can't boot to CD it
    is irrelevant. any other suggestions?

    TB

    T.B., Dec 17, 2004
  8. T.B.

    °Mike° Guest

    Did you try the advice to manually install the Standard HAL?

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Dec 17, 2004
  9. T.B.

    T.B. Guest

    i can't try that advice, because I can't boot into Setup from CD. Here are
    those instructions:

    1. Restart the computer to restart Setup.
    When Setup starts again, press F7 (not F6) when you see the "Press F6
    if you need to install a third-party SCSI or RAID driver" screen.

    I'm assuming that they are referring to XP setup. Since I can't boot
    to CD, I can't get to the Press F6 if you need to install a third-party SCSI
    or RAID driver part.

    Are there XP floppy boot disks that will get me there?

    T.B., Dec 17, 2004
  10. T.B.

    T.B. Guest

    well i answered my own question and am going to try d/l some XP Home boot
    disks to try the F7 thing. IF that doesn't work, then what?

    TB

    T.B., Dec 17, 2004
  11. T.B.

    °Mike° Guest

    On step at a time.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Dec 19, 2004
  12. T.B.

    T.B. Guest

    so when I get the floppies made and boot into Setup and do the F7 thing, do
    I just continue on with setup, or do I go into the recovery console or what?
    what exactly do I do after I hit F7? I'm not re-installing XP right?

    TB

    T.B., Dec 19, 2004
  13. T.B.

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Dec 20, 2004
  14. T.B.

    T.B. Guest

    mike:

    i did re-read the article about 3 times. nowhere in there does it tell
    exactly what to do after hitting F7. i guess it would be too hard for you
    to just tell me huh?

    TB

    T.B., Dec 20, 2004
  15. T.B.

    °Mike° Guest

    So you didn't see:
    "Windows automatically disables the installation of the ACPI HAL
    and installs the Standard PC HAL. "
    After that remark, then yes.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Dec 20, 2004
  16. T.B.

    T.B. Guest

    yes i did see that remark, but did it ever say what to do after that?
    finish out the reinstallation of XP? reboot? etc...
    either way, thanks for your time.
    TB

    T.B., Dec 21, 2004
  17. T.B.

    JohnnyM

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    It's lousy, non-committal advice like this that ruins otherwise helpful posts. The only advice 'Mike' gave was achieved with a simple Google search.

    Mike: Next time you want to help someone out, don't do it half-assed, then get your panties in a bunch when they get frustrated at your lame comments.

    JohnnyM, Nov 15, 2006
  18. T.B.

    ctperimeter

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    0X000000A5 error

    Similar Problem on an HP A706n.

    Noticed that Microsoft referenced a change in memory so I reseated the memory and was able to boot the machine.

    Bill

    ctperimeter, Sep 12, 2010