    'SYSTEM DOES NOT HAVE FLASH SUPPORT'

    Is there a jumper on the board I can set or something else or is the bios
    unflashable as it says?

    larry.fatcat, Dec 1, 2003

  2. larry.fatcat

    Patrick Guest

    Is the 'flash utility' the correct one for the enviroment that you are
    running it from ?

    By my understanding of said mobo, thiere are three methods of flashing the
    bios.
    #1, the BIOS is flashed from a bootable-floppy (containing the correct
    utility and Data-file)
    #2, the BIOS is flashed from a windows enviroment haveing downloaded the
    appropriate file/s.
    #3, the BIOS is flashed from a windows utility that will connect to the
    makers and do the whole thing while online.

    All three utilitys I imagine, would have been on the CD for the Mobo, but
    could probably be gotten from ECS (elite)

    Conclusion is, that the 'flashing utility' for each of said (1 to 3) will be
    different.

    Patrick, Dec 1, 2003

  3. larry.fatcat

    Turbo Guest

    There are programs on the CD that come with the Mobo Also if you have AMI
    bios you have to flash in Dos real Mode not Windows Dos.

    Turbo

    Turbo, Dec 1, 2003
  4. larry.fatcat

    William Guest

    William Replied : "Download the Flash Utility from the ECS web site, link
    below"
    http://www.ecs.com.tw/download/dw_spec.asp?product_id=279

    William, Dec 1, 2003
  5. larry.fatcat

    larry.fatcat Guest

    Yes, your right, but no help.

    larry.fatcat, Dec 5, 2003
  6. larry.fatcat

    larry.fatcat Guest

    Yes, your right, but no help. Please read the original message.

    larry.fatcat, Dec 5, 2003
  7. larry.fatcat

    larry.fatcat Guest

    larry.fatcat, Dec 5, 2003
  8. larry.fatcat

    Patrick Guest

    Thiere are various versions of said MoBo, take your pick at link below.
    Manuals are available, if you don't have said.
    I read the BIOS instruction thiere and it said; " *if* your Board has a BIOS
    protection jumper", I didn't see anything about said jumper in the Manual
    that I have (early version).

    http://www.ecs.com.tw/download/dw_list.asp?submenu_id=26&function_id=4

    or tiny version; http://tinyurl.com/rw6s

    Patrick, Dec 5, 2003
  9. larry.fatcat

    Buffalo Guest

    Try the EliteGroup newsgroup and you will find your answer.
    alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup
    You really don't deserve a reply after how you responded to others.

    Buffalo, Dec 6, 2003