    and all comments on this subject will really help me to decide which
    one to use.

    TIA

    Tim Bucktoo, Jan 21, 2006

  2. Fotovac, but it doesn't do yEnc.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jan 21, 2006

  3. Tim Bucktoo

    Paul Guest

    I think Tim said he wanted ones that were any good. Fotovac does not seem to
    fit that category. The post was useless. Anyone with something worthwhile
    to say?
    Paul

    Paul, Jan 21, 2006
  4. Tim Bucktoo

    TNKEV Guest

    I see "News Leecher" recommended for binaries quite often,I haven't
    tried it as of yet,but it has been often recommended.

    --

    The home of new Yorks #1 jamband!!
    http://rocksfromthegarden.tripod.com/

    TNKEV, Jan 21, 2006
  5. Tim Bucktoo

    PJB Guest

    Newsleecher for one, Grabbit for another..

    P.

    PJB, Jan 21, 2006
  6. Tim Bucktoo

    gangle Guest

    gangle, Jan 21, 2006
  7. Bollocks, I've been using it for years.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jan 21, 2006
  8. http://www.bnr2.org ... investigate BNR3, which has an updated SQL-based
    database. An incredibly versatile program. And it's free.

    Gary G. Taylor, Jan 21, 2006

  9. I've been very happy with Grabit

    ///Owen\\\\\\, Jan 21, 2006
  10. Tim Bucktoo

    Tim Bucktoo Guest

    I d/l'd bnr2 and it looks like a great program. One problem tho, I've
    got it set up, d/l'd all my newsgroups, subscribed to one to test. I
    refreshed the group, hi-lited it, hit the open tab, and a new folder
    opened. Then nothing. I can't get the headers although the groups
    tab shows 36,224 articles. Any suggestions?

    Tim Bucktoo, Jan 21, 2006
  11. Tim Bucktoo

    why? Guest

    NewsLeecher. Also in case you don't lurk (you should) , and didn't check
    old posts in 24HSHD, mentioned in the last few days (and often) was,

    newsgroup - news.software.readers
    via http://groups.google.com/group/news.software.readers

    Me

    why?, Jan 21, 2006
  12. Tim Bucktoo

    Tim Bucktoo Guest

    It looks like I'll be going with BNR, neat little program. I want to
    thank all who responded, really appreciate it.

    Ciao!

    Tim Bucktoo, Jan 21, 2006