Bill Gates to be on "The Daily Show"

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Pennywise, Jan 28, 2007.

  1. Pennywise

    Pennywise Guest

    Pennywise, Jan 28, 2007

  2. Pennywise

    samuel Guest

    wrote in
    what should he push ?

    I'm getting ready for
    a linux distro

    samuel, Jan 28, 2007

  3. Pennywise

    Pennywise Guest

    John Hodgman :)
    http://tinyurl.com/eg8qv
    I'm not going linux for the simple fact that AFAIK none will play the
    Ages of empires series, let alone most other games.

    I'll stick it out with XP - and hope DirectX 10 get's ported to it.
    -Vista is not an option-

    Pennywise, Jan 28, 2007
  4. Can't tell you how many cumulative weeks...months...years my buddy and I
    spent in front of the AoX series. Wow. While each one had it's little
    Dumb Moments, on the whole they were brilliant. They're probably why I
    have to wear reading glasses now, and quiver a little when I have to go
    outdoors. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 29, 2007
  5. Pennywise

    Pennywise Guest

    Pennywise, Jan 30, 2007
  6. Pennywise

    Mara Guest

    "I don't have any evidence of that... Just in terms of allocation of time
    resources,
    religion is not very efficient. There's alot more I could be doing on a Sunday
    morning." -- Bill Gates, when asked about religion and God's existence in "Time"
    magazine

    --
    "Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's store before I did and took the
    TV

    --
    "You shouldn't get overly paranoid thinking that Microsoft's a broad competitor
    and it's not possible to work with us."

    --
    "Anybody who thinks a little 9,000-line program that's distributed
    free and can be cloned by anyone is going to affect anything

    --
    "There won't be anything we won't say to people to try and convince
    them that our way is the way to go."

    --
    "640K ought to be enough for anybody."
    -- Bill Gates circa 1981

    --
    "If you can't make it good, at least make it look good."
    -- Bill Gates on the solid code base of Win9X

    --
    "I believe OS/2 is destined to be the most important operating system,
    and possibly program, of all time. As the successor to DOS, which has over

    --
    "There are people who don't like capitalism, and people who don't like
    PCs. But there's no-one who likes the PC who doesn't like Microsoft"

    --
    "This is the right way to develop applications for OS/2 PM. OS/2 PM is a
    tremendously rich environment, which makes it inherently

    --
    Developer: Does the announcement [of the OS/2 joint development
    agreement between IBM and Microsoft] mean that Microsoft is curtailing any plans

    --
    Interviewer: Is studying computer science the best way to prepare to be a
    programmer?

    --
    "If you don't know what you need Windows NT for, you don't need it."
    -- Bill Gates

    "New interface closely resembles Presentation Manager, preparing you for
    the wonders of OS/2!"
    -- Microsoft Advertisement On the Box of Windows 2.11 for 286

    --
    "Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline,
    you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with

    --
    "Imagine the disincentive to software development if after months of work
    another company could come along and copy your work and market it under

    Mara, Jan 30, 2007

    Michael Fierro, Jan 31, 2007