    Sincerely
    Michael Cahan, CEO
    http://www.cahanconsulting.com

    Michael Cahan, Oct 25, 2003

  2. Michael Cahan

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Michael Cahan continued:
    Oh dear - don't seem to have much idea about Usenet do you ?

    slumpy, Oct 25, 2003

  3. Michael Cahan

    trout Guest

    ...spam newsgroups.

    trout, Oct 25, 2003
  4. Lumpy, please dont repost the spam..

    NewKillerStar, Oct 25, 2003
  5. Michael Cahan

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as NewKillerStar continued:
    hope you can swim...
    *plonk*

    slumpy, Oct 25, 2003
  6. Oh I can, I been thrown in better threads than this, thanks for playing...

    NewKillerStar, Oct 25, 2003
  7. (Posted and emailed)

    Boy, did YOU spam the wrong newsgroup.

    One could possibly excuse the spam that you posted to 24housupport.helpdesk
    as the work of a newbie.

    Almost.

    But then there is the subject line: BILL GATES NEEDS HELP. Nothing to do
    with the subject of the message and intentionally misleading, intended to
    get people to read your message who would otherwise ignore it because it's
    spam.

    Therefore, you are a spammer. Your obfuscation of your message with a
    standard email spam trick shows clearly that you know that spam is not
    permitted in Usenet.

    LARTs (Luser Attitude Readjustment Tools) are off to your host provider,
    DSLextreme; and to Godaddy, your domain registrar. As it turns out, Godaddy
    takes a VERY dim view of any of its registrants spamming, and you will lose
    your domain registration pronto--it's in their TOS/AUP, in case you'd care
    to go to their website (while you still have an Internet connection, that
    is) and read it.

    DON'T SPAM.

    And don't bother mailbombing this address either, it's a throaway that I use
    solely for messages of this sort.

    Gary G. Taylor, Oct 25, 2003
  8. Michael Cahan

    AK Guest

    It is very reassuring to know that there are people like you that can
    unearth ground-worms like the BILL GATES dude and expose him for what he is.
    I'm really impressed with you lot. Keep up the good work. Hope I don't get
    SPAMED for saying this?

    AK, Oct 25, 2003
  9. Michael Cahan

    Ralph Mann Guest

    Mung your address, that way you *can't* get spammed.

    Ralph Mann, Oct 25, 2003
  10. It was on Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:26:30 -0700, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Michael Cahan made this utterance:
    I don't use Gatesware, & my OS doesn't need your shit.

    LARTs launched.

    William Poaster, Oct 25, 2003
  11. Michael Cahan

    Mara Guest

    You've heard, haven't you, that M$ is going to once-a-month updates?

    Interesting. Suppose a virus written for an exploit in, say, IE, hits on the
    5th, and M$ doesn't send out a fix until the 30th?

    Hmmm.

    I rank that just about as high as AOL changing their user's settings, on their
    user's machines, without telling them a word about it. Not a peep.

    "Man, I'm glad I have a router. Among other things."

    Mara, Oct 25, 2003
  12. You use a antivirus, Maron..

    NewKillerStar, Oct 26, 2003
  13. It was on Sat, 25 Oct 2003 17:38:56 -0500, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Mara made this utterance:
    M$ only doing once-a-month updates?
    So....it would seem that BG was lying when he said :-
    "MS is also fixing problems much faster than it used to.
    We've gone from little over 40 hours on average to 24 hours."
    What's the point in that, if they only update once a month?
    They're just going to rely on other people to fix their
    vulnerabilities, like AV software companies?
    Yes, I'm glad I don't use the OS.

    "Nor have to buy other programs to prop it up"

    William Poaster, Oct 26, 2003
  14. Michael Cahan

    Mara Guest

    Remember, this is the same man who said:

    "Microsoft programs are generally bug-free. If you visit the Microsoft hotline,
    you'll literally have to wait weeks if not months until someone calls in with
    a bug in one of our programs. 99.99% of calls turn out to be user mistakes.
    I know not a single less irrelevant reason for an update than bugfixes.
    The reasons for updates are to present more new features."
    -- Bill Gates, on code stability, from Focus Magazine

    Yet, I was notified of 5 different vulnerabilities on 10/15/03, and there have
    been 5 since, perhaps more. I only did a cursory check.
    Or AOL. (shudder)

    Mara, Oct 26, 2003
  15. It was on Sat, 25 Oct 2003 18:39:38 -0500, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Mara made this utterance:
    Amazing! Mind you about 1981, he also said
    "640K ought to be enough for anybody."

    "He now says "64 bit is coming to desktops, there is no doubt
    about that, but apart from Photoshop, I can't think of desktop
    applications where you would need more than 4 gigabytes of physical
    memory, which is what you have to have in order to benefit from this
    technology. Right now, it is costly."

    Funny that SuSE have produced v9, with a 64bit option for the
    Athlon 64bit processor, isn't it?

    "Sour grapes, because M$ haven't?"

    William Poaster, Oct 26, 2003
  16. Michael Cahan

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 00:57:17 +0100, William Poaster wrote:

    Ooooh...I can't _wait_ to build a system with one of those babies.... <g>

    <snip>

    Mara, Oct 26, 2003
  17. Realtime multichannel high-def video editing on my desktop, yum.

    Gary G. Taylor, Oct 26, 2003
  18. It was on Sat, 25 Oct 2003 19:39:00 -0500, just as I was halfway through a
    I got the CDs this morning, & have installed it on the same drive but
    a different partition from SuSE 8.2. I've set it up & ATM I'm configuring
    it, & installing the applications that I want, as I had in SuSE 8.2.
    So far I'm impressed, as it boots in around 12 - 13 seconds. :)

    William Poaster, Oct 27, 2003
  19. Michael Cahan

    Mara Guest

    Now _that_ does sound good. Let me know how it goes. If all goes well, I'll turn
    the 1.333 back into a tri-boot for awhile, before going to SuSE entirely on it -
    if I can read the screens. :)

    "And while you're at it, pass me one of those jam doughnuts, willya?"

    Mara, Oct 27, 2003
  20. It was on Mon, 27 Oct 2003 09:55:22 -0600, just as I was halfway through a
    Yes, certainly. By default SuSE installs 75dpi fonts, though if you delete
    them & install the 100dpi ones, after it's set up, you would be ok...I
    think.
    Uhmmm....ok then! I may have to squash it a bit to fit it into
    this thin slot thingy! <g>

    William Poaster, Oct 27, 2003