    African countries and helped them grow crops, get clean water and build
    schools amongst other things.

    Well what does anyone else think?

    Paul Hathaway, Jan 26, 2004

  2. Paul Hathaway

    Jtyc Guest

    The question is does Bill Gates deserve his upcoming knighthood?

    It's a rather pointless ceremony don't you think? So does it really matter?
    They are not an absolute monopoly. And they have done some good things for
    the industry as well as bad.
    the

    Cry me a river. "He's rich, he should give more!". You go earn the money
    and give it away if your so hot on the idea.

    damn communists...

    Jtyc, Jan 26, 2004

  3. not only does he develope an absolute monoply he puts out products with no
    support and leave suckers like us stuck on this news group which reallly
    really suck

    John Goodman CT @ Princeton, Jan 26, 2004
  4. Paul Hathaway

    JaR Guest

    The question is, what made you think that your question was so
    earth-shatteringly important that you cross posted it from here to hell &
    gone?

    Furrfu!

    JaR
    Exasperated Thug

    JaR, Jan 26, 2004
  5. You have the ability to call PSS and request support, and why do these
    newsgroups suck?

    All the products have extensive help files and the Microsoft Knowledgebase
    is an excellent source for assistance.

    Mark Fugatt [MVP], Jan 26, 2004
  6. Paul Hathaway

    Jtyc Guest

    not only does he develope an absolute monoply he puts out products with
    no
    Nice troll post. I see you already got one.

    Jtyc, Jan 26, 2004
  7. not only does he develope an absolute monoply he puts out products with no
    Not sure what you are on about, when I've dealt with ms support, they
    have been excellent.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 27, 2004
  8. It's a rather pointless ceremony don't you think? So does it really matter?

    As pointless and meaningless as those 'GET YOUR U.N.I.V.E.R.S.I.T.Y
    D.E.G.R.E.E' scams - wonder have many people fall for that one?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jan 27, 2004
  9. Paul Hathaway

    Tim Munro Guest

    I have to admit, with all their monopoly, variety and complexity of
    products, whenever I've needed support from Microsoft they've been very
    helpful. I find these newsgroups are an invaluable resource, and they
    certainly do no "Suck". I'm sure many if not most of us rely heavily on the
    experience and expertise of our colleagues, through this medium.

    As for the knighthood, personally I think Great Britain is a little free
    with the honour. He may as well be given the Nobel Peace prize as well.

    Tim Munro, Jan 27, 2004
  10. Paul Hathaway

    JaR Guest

    Crossposting is generally considered bad, m'kay? Poor netiquette and all
    that.

    JaR

    JaR, Jan 27, 2004
  11. Paul Hathaway

    Tron2004 Guest

    O Hail Sir Knight Billy Gates!. Glad the richest man in the world lives in
    USA!

    Tron2004, Jan 27, 2004
  12. Paul Hathaway

    kpg Guest

    Why?
    For bragging rights?
    We all know that the richest 1% don't pay taxes anyway.
    He might as well live in India.

    kpg, Jan 27, 2004
  13. Paul Hathaway

    JaR Guest

    He oughta just buy England and declare himself King. Toss ol' Lizzie out on
    her ear! Hey, Bill! How much is England going for these days? Do ya get a
    discount if you pick up the rest of GB as well? You know, take Northern
    Ireland & Wales and we'll throw in Scotland for free. C'mon, you can do it,
    you know you can!

    Pssst....When you're King, can I be a Duke? With a castle? Just a small one
    will be fine.

    JaR
    Lord Thug

    JaR, Jan 27, 2004
  14. You must not have watched John Stossel's special last week.

    Apparently the richest 1% of the U.S. pays 34% of the taxes.

    And something like the richest 5% pays over 50% of the taxes.

    --
    Fris "I wish I paid more taxes" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Jan 27, 2004
  15. Paul Hathaway

    Jtyc Guest

    We all know that the richest 1% don't pay taxes anyway.

    That's incorrect.

    Jtyc, Jan 27, 2004
  16. Paul Hathaway

    kpg Guest

    I know. But just to be sure I would like to try it out for myself.
    Who knows what those 1% are getting away with...

    kpg, Jan 27, 2004
  17. I realize you only said England, but Great Britain was recently valued at
    some number in the trillions... might have been tens or hundreds of
    trillions, not sure.

    A mighty steep amount for even Mr. G.

    --
    Fris "Maybe he could rent it, though." bee® MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Jan 27, 2004
  18. Paul Hathaway

    kpg Guest

    Yeah. It was a joke.

    In all fairness to Bill though, at least he earned his money
    through good timing and hard work. More than can be
    said of many of the liberal elite.

    kpg, Jan 27, 2004
  19. It's too bad you missed the John Stossel show, you would've had an orgasm.

    He's interviewing Al Sharpton, and Al's going on about how the richest 1%
    pays 10% of the taxes, and how they need to be paying more like 15% of the
    taxes, and then later in the interview he changed his estimate to 5% (or it
    might have been the other way around). Then Stossel tells him it's actually
    already at 34% and Sharpton was speechless, at least for a few seconds.

    --
    Fris "He must have lost some brain cells in that diet" bee® MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Jan 27, 2004
  20. Paul Hathaway

    Jtyc Guest

    I know. But just to be sure I would like to try it out for myself.
    Oh they work the system I'm sure. But I know of poor people who work the
    system too. How is it any different?

    Jtyc, Jan 27, 2004