    It also shows that a lot of people will not be able to get Freeview and
    will have to move to Freestat, that almost impossible if you have lots
    of TV's, I have 3.

    Penguin Man pman, Feb 22, 2013

  2. 3TV's and 3 set top boxes, not a very viable option, if you read the
    UK article its all mentioned in that also.

    Frank Williams, Feb 22, 2013

  3. Penguin Man pman

    Richard Guest

    Well perhaps the STB's and TVs should actually have some RF performance
    testing done when they are handing out the freeview logos etc?

    Richard, Feb 22, 2013
  4. Penguin Man pman

    Richard Guest

    Perfeclty viable, done it here for all the old dinosaur TVs around the
    house that I dont plan on replacing in a great hurry. $70 for a
    tollerable but slow to turn on box from the big red shed.

    And in the UK they have tv's available with a sat tuner built into them
    already.

    Richard, Feb 22, 2013

  5. Did you read all the bits in the UK article as it goes into great
    depths.

    And again they have a better system then ours the T2 system

    Frank Williams, Feb 22, 2013

  6. Yes again I went for Freeview for its HD quality that in not available
    with Freesat, plus I will need to get a Dish and some kind of splitter
    but that might not be possible do to the Box controlling the Antenna
    LMB ?

    Frank Williams, Feb 22, 2013

  7. Yes some STB are better as I am near to a XT cell tower (850MHz) it
    affected 2 of the boxes and my old manager has similar problem with the
    same tower with different boxes, funy that the Transonic one worked in
    his case.

    I have a $100 masthead low pass filter CH25-48 that might help with
    4G, it fixed my XT cell phone tower problem.

    4G starts at CH 50 702MHz.

    The UK 4G cell phone frequenses are up at C61 800MHz.

    Frank Williams, Feb 22, 2013
  8. Penguin Man pman

    ~misfit~ Guest

    A new Roger alias! I'm getting quite a collection now.....
    --
    /Shaun.

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

    ~misfit~, Feb 22, 2013

  9. Do some searches it has been reported here as a problem, NZ uses the old
    T1 system but the 4G band will start on CH50 and the highest TV channel
    is CH48, The UK channels are next to each other
    TV CH60 , 4G CH61 but they do use the better T2 system.

    Frank Williams, Feb 22, 2013

  10. IGLOO uses T2 due to the number of channels T1 will not support 12 CH's
    on one frequency

    The UK every one had to move to T2 so all the TV's for some 2 years or
    more needed set top boxes..

    But not a problem here due to the lack here of broadcast channels

    Frank Williams, Feb 23, 2013

  11. Logic why would I have 3 TVs all on the same channel.?

    Frank Williams, Feb 23, 2013

  12. No my Wife and me do watch different things, if not I record them..

    Simple logic if you are Married.

    Frank Williams, Feb 23, 2013

  13. Please name all these any technologies.?

    Frank Williams, Feb 23, 2013