Big memory leak - 3725 and 12.3

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by P, Nov 22, 2003.

  1. P

    P Guest

    Hi there

    Was wondering if anybody can try and repro this. If I enable IDS (ip audit)
    policy on my outside NIC of my edge router (a 3725) running 12.3(3) I get a
    big memory leak.

    Now if I monitor memory usage via SNMP I get a constant erosion of available
    process memory. It seems that irrespective of how much actual load is on the
    box, the rate of loss is constant, and a 4 day view on the graph shows a
    very steady drop at a pretty much constant rate of decay.

    Eventually routing stops and you have to reload. With 128MB of RAM, it will
    take around 6 days to kill it.

    If I turn off ip audit, the leak stops, but no memory is reclaimed.

    For what its worth, this router runs ipsec cryptos, nbar, cbac, radius auth,
    overloaded nat, etc.

    thanks

    P, Nov 22, 2003