    I just stuffed Beethoven's 9th (sic from cd cover)into the DVD drive, and my
    pc power'd down.
    WTF? Doesn't Bill like "Ode to Joy"?

    ilmc, Dec 28, 2003

  2. ilmc

    gtg Guest

    "ilmc" <> wrote in message
    news:bsnl0b$ed4b7$-berlin.de...
    > I just stuffed Beethoven's 9th (sic from cd cover)into the DVD drive, and

    my
    > pc power'd down. ^^
    > WTF? Doesn't Bill like "Ode to Joy"?

    sorry to jump onto your post, but perhaps you can educate me, ive seen this
    term a lot but never looked into what it means "sic"?..

    thanks :)

    gtg, Dec 28, 2003

  3. ilmc

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 22:30:40 GMT, in
    <kQIHb.514$>
    gtg scrawled:

    >"ilmc" <> wrote in message
    >> I just stuffed Beethoven's 9th (sic from cd cover)into the DVD drive, and

    >my
    >> pc power'd down. ^^
    >> WTF? Doesn't Bill like "Ode to Joy"?
    >>

    >sorry to jump onto your post, but perhaps you can educate me, ive seen this
    >term a lot but never looked into what it means "sic"?..
    >
    >thanks :)

    I'm not sure that ilmc used it correctly, but here's what it means:

    What does (sic) mean?
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/notesandqueries/query/0,5753,-23558,00.html

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 28, 2003
  4. ilmc

    ilmc Guest

    gtg typed:
    > "ilmc" <> wrote in message
    >> I just stuffed Beethoven's 9th (sic from cd cover)into the DVD
    >> drive, and my pc power'd down. ^^
    >> WTF? Doesn't Bill like "Ode to Joy"?
    >>

    > sorry to jump onto your post, but perhaps you can educate me, ive
    > seen this term a lot but never looked into what it means "sic"?..
    >
    > thanks :)

    "sic" == "as reported", i.e., I may be crap at spelling, but this one wasn't
    mine
    <eg>

    ilmc, Dec 28, 2003
  5. ilmc

    Brian H¹© Guest

    gtg said:

    > "ilmc" <> wrote in message
    >> I just stuffed Beethoven's 9th (sic from cd cover)into the DVD drive, and my
    >> pc power'd down. ^^
    >> WTF? Doesn't Bill like "Ode to Joy"?
    >>

    > sorry to jump onto your post, but perhaps you can educate me, ive seen this
    > term a lot but never looked into what it means "sic"?..
    >
    > thanks :)

    OED
    used, spelt, etc, as written (confirming, or calling attention to, the form of
    quoted or copied words).
    [L, = so, thus]

    Brian H¹©, Dec 28, 2003
  6. ilmc

    ilmc Guest

    °Mike° typed:
    > On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 22:30:40 GMT, in
    > <kQIHb.514$>
    > gtg scrawled:
    >
    >> "ilmc" <> wrote in message
    >>> I just stuffed Beethoven's 9th (sic from cd cover)into the DVD
    >>> drive, and my pc power'd down. ^^
    >>> WTF? Doesn't Bill like "Ode to Joy"?
    >>>

    >> sorry to jump onto your post, but perhaps you can educate me, ive
    >> seen this term a lot but never looked into what it means "sic"?..
    >>
    >> thanks :)

    > I'm not sure that ilmc used it correctly, but here's what it means:
    >
    > What does (sic) mean?
    > http://www.guardian.co.uk/notesandqueries/query/0,5753,-23558,00.html

    Wheeel, I wus close
    :)

    ilmc, Dec 28, 2003
  7. ilmc

    Rob K Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote in <ndJHb.12260$>
    :

    >> Or are we going down a prOn topic?

    > LOL, I'm stopping right there mate.

    sic transit gloria mundi.
    :-(

    --
    My E-mail address in ROT-13:

    Rob K, Dec 28, 2003
  8. ilmc

    Ionizer Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > I'm not sure that ilmc used it correctly, but here's what it means:
    >
    > What does (sic) mean?
    > http://www.guardian.co.uk/notesandqueries/query/0,5753,-23558,00.html

    Thanks! I've never heard of "Notes And Queries" before, and I found it
    instantly fascinating. Answers to questions as diverse as "Do fish drink
    water?" "How do you mend a broken heart?" and "Why do men have nipples?"
    I'm sure that if there's an answer to the Stephen Wright query about driving
    at the speed of light and turning on your headlights, I'll find it here
    also.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Dec 28, 2003
  9. ilmc

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Rob K said:

    > Brian H¹© wrote in <ndJHb.12260$>
    >>

    >>> Or are we going down a prOn topic?

    >> LOL, I'm stopping right there mate.

    > sic transit gloria mundi.
    > :-(

    Gloria? In the back of a transit on Monday?

    Brian H¹©, Dec 28, 2003
  10. ilmc wrote:
    > I just stuffed Beethoven's 9th (sic from cd cover)into the DVD drive,
    > and my pc power'd down.
    > WTF? Doesn't Bill like "Ode to Joy"?

    It's a well known fact that Bill don't like Ludwig Van. Try some Brahms and
    Liszt

    michael turner, Dec 28, 2003
  11. ilmc

    Boomer Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in

    > Rob K said:
    >
    >> Brian H¹© wrote in
    >> <ndJHb.12260$>

    >>> LOL, I'm stopping right there mate.

    >> sic transit gloria mundi.
    >> :-(

    > Gloria? In the back of a transit on Monday?

    I thought you would transit Gloria Monday.

    Boomer, Dec 29, 2003
  12. ilmc

    philo Guest

    "ilmc" <> wrote in message
    > I just stuffed Beethoven's 9th (sic from cd cover)into the DVD drive, and

    my
    > pc power'd down.
    > WTF? Doesn't Bill like "Ode to Joy"?

    "sic" used here is incorrect as
    "Beethoven " is , in-fact spelled correctly

    philo, Dec 29, 2003
  13. ilmc

    olfart Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message

    > "ilmc" <> wrote in message
    > > I just stuffed Beethoven's 9th (sic from cd cover)into the DVD

    drive, and
    > my
    > > pc power'd down.
    > > WTF? Doesn't Bill like "Ode to Joy"?
    > >

    > "sic" used here is incorrect as
    > "Beethoven " is , in-fact spelled correctly

    Would Beethoven's 5th be *hic* ???

    olfart, Dec 29, 2003
  14. ilmc

    ilmc Guest

    "michael turner" <> wrote in message
    > ilmc wrote:
    > > I just stuffed Beethoven's 9th (sic from cd cover)into the DVD drive,
    > > and my pc power'd down.
    > > WTF? Doesn't Bill like "Ode to Joy"?

    > It's a well known fact that Bill don't like Ludwig Van. Try some Brahms

    and
    > Liszt

    Is he AA or TT?
    As for the B+L, I only need a few more m'seln
    (hiC)***?@

    ilmc, Dec 29, 2003
  15. ilmc

    ilmc Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message

    > "ilmc" <> wrote in message
    > > I just stuffed Beethoven's 9th (sic from cd cover)into the DVD drive,

    and
    > my
    > > pc power'd down.
    > > WTF? Doesn't Bill like "Ode to Joy"?
    > >

    > "sic" used here is incorrect as
    > "Beethoven " is , in-fact spelled correctly

    (sic) I copied it from the label without a typo!
    Yipee!

    ilmc, Dec 29, 2003
  16. ilmc

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer <> wrote in

    > "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in
    >
    >> Rob K said:

    [snip]
    >>> sic transit gloria mundi.
    >>> :-(

    >> Gloria? In the back of a transit on Monday?

    > I thought you would transit Gloria Monday.

    Or... transit Gloria on Monday. Is she sic?

    Boomer, Dec 29, 2003
  17. ilmc

    Bryan Guest

    > Rob K said:
    >
    >> Brian H¹© wrote in
    >> <ndJHb.12260$>

    >>> LOL, I'm stopping right there mate.

    >> sic transit gloria mundi.
    >> :-(

    > Gloria? In the back of a transit on Monday?

    ROFL mao

    Bryan, Dec 29, 2003
  18. ilmc

    Boomer Guest

    "Bryan" <> wrote in

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> "Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in

    >>> Gloria? In the back of a transit on Monday?

    >> I thought you would transit Gloria Monday.

    > FYI Ms B. A Transit is a 1 1/2 ton Ford van :)
    > And we all know what you think of F.O.R.D.s lol
    > ;)

    Maybe Gloria is 1 1/2 ton also? ;0)
    And a F.O.R.D. too? :)

    Boomer, Dec 29, 2003
  19. ilmc

    Bryan Guest

    Bryan, Dec 29, 2003
  20. ilmc

    Mara Guest

    On 29 Dec 2003 00:02:48 GMT, Boomer wrote:

    >"Brian H¹©" <-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in
    >
    >> Rob K said:
    >>
    >>> Brian H¹© wrote in
    >>> <ndJHb.12260$>

    >>> sic transit gloria mundi.
    >>> :-(

    >> Gloria? In the back of a transit on Monday?

    >I thought you would transit Gloria Monday.

    Audentes fortuna juvat. <g>

    --
    There are three types of people in this world - those who see the light,
    those who don't, and those who get a brief glance of it just as I slam

    Mara, Dec 29, 2003