    If so I will be gratefull for any example.

    Regards,
    Jarek

    Jarek Jarzebowski, Sep 5, 2006

  2. Hi,

    sure it is. It's called policy or source-based-routing. You may apply a
    route-map to one or more of your interfaces like this:

    route-map Next-Hop-XY permit 5
    match ip address 50 // access-list
    set ip next-hop a.b.c.d // the bgp peer's IP-address

    Then you just assign the route-map to a specific interface like this:

    interface ethernet 1/1
    port-name ABC
    ip address ...
    ip policy route-map Next-Hop-XY

    But be careful with that: when the specified peer is down, the source IP
    will loose worldwide ip-connectivity.

    Best regards,
    Nicolaj Kamensek

    Nicolaj Kamensek, Sep 6, 2006

  3. Hi Nicolaj,

    thanks for explanations. Now all is clear for me.

    Jarek

    Jarek Jarzebowski, Sep 6, 2006