bgp redistribution into Eigrp

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by ciscokid, Nov 22, 2004.

  1. ciscokid

    ciscokid Guest

    Hi,

    I've recently attempted redistribution of two networks learned from bgp into
    my igp (EIGRP) using a route map.

    Basic configuration looks like this:

    !
    router eigrp 67898
    redistribute connected
    redistribute static
    redistribute bgp 67898 route-map BGP-EIGRP-Redist
    !
    !
    route-map BGP-EIGRP-Redist permit 1
    match ip address Any
    set metric 6500 1 255 1 1500
    !

    Now, the only routes I have in my BGP table (on this router) are the two
    routes that I want to redistribute, hence the use of 'any' in the route map.
    These routes are 206.x.x.x/17 and 152.y.y.y/16 respectively.

    However, when I do a 'show ip eigrp top 206.x.x.x/17', it returns "%
    IP-EIGRP (AS 67898): Route not in topology table".

    On this router the bgp routes are learned via iBGP, however I have tried to
    redistribute these two routes into EIGRP on other routers in my AS that
    learn these routes directly from the peer (therefore the routes are tagged
    external) and I've had no luck there either.

    Is there something I am missing? I feel like I have tried every
    configuration from here to sundry, but nothing will redistribute from BGP
    into EIGRP.

    Any assistance HIGHLY appreciated!!!

    -Ciscokid

    ciscokid, Nov 22, 2004

  2. Any in this case does not mean that any ip traffic is matched. Any in
    this case means that there is an access list with the name Any. This
    access list then defines the traffic which should be matched.

    Helmut Ulrich, Nov 23, 2004

  3. ciscokid

    daricha74

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Network Commands

    what are your BGP statements? It is best to tell your IGP protocols the exact networks it needs to see to permit and advertise.

    daricha74, Jun 25, 2012