bgp/finding advertised nets of an AS-Number

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by thomas.springer@gmail.com, Aug 19, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    i'm looking for a way to extract all known (advertised) subnets of an
    ASN, like cidr-report shows it at the bottom of their scripts at
    http://www.cidr-report.org/cgi-bin/as-report?as=AS20198&view=4637 (1
    advertised subnet) or
    http://www.cidr-report.org/cgi-bin/as-report?as=AS3320&view=4637 (many
    advertised subnets).

    Is there a way to get this information, a list of advertised subnets of
    a specific asn, out of a public source like the route-server at
    route-views.oregon-ix.net??

    Or can this information only derived out of analyzing a complete
    routing-table?

    Sorry if this is a dumb question - I'm not a routing-geek at all and i
    usually leave "enable" to somebody who knows what he's doing.

    Thomas Springer

    , Aug 19, 2005

  2. On 19.08.2005 21:34 wrote

    > Hi,
    >
    > i'm looking for a way to extract all known (advertised) subnets of an
    > ASN, like cidr-report shows it at the bottom of their scripts at
    > http://www.cidr-report.org/cgi-bin/as-report?as=AS20198&view=4637 (1
    > advertised subnet) or
    > http://www.cidr-report.org/cgi-bin/as-report?as=AS3320&view=4637 (many
    > advertised subnets).
    >
    > Is there a way to get this information, a list of advertised subnets of
    > a specific asn, out of a public source like the route-server at
    > route-views.oregon-ix.net??
    >
    > Or can this information only derived out of analyzing a complete
    > routing-table?
    >
    > Sorry if this is a dumb question - I'm not a routing-geek at all and i
    > usually leave "enable" to somebody who knows what he's doing.

    Try

    show bgp ipv4 unicast regexp _<asn-in-mind>$

    or on older systems simply

    show ip bgp regexp _<asn-in-mind>$

    Example:

    route-views.oregon-ix.net>show ip bgp regexp _6695$
    BGP table version is 6869496, local router ID is 198.32.162.100
    Status codes: s suppressed, d damped, h history, * valid, > best, i -
    internal,
    S Stale
    Origin codes: i - IGP, e - EGP, ? - incomplete

    Network Next Hop Metric LocPrf Weight Path
    * 80.81.192.0/20 157.130.10.233 0 701 1239
    12480 6695 i
    * 217.75.96.60 0 0 16150 15703
    13101 6695 i
    * 129.250.0.85 10 0 2914 174
    12399 6695 i
    * 134.222.85.45 0 286 12480
    6695 i
    * 203.181.248.233 0 7660 2516
    3320 12399 6695 i
    * 202.249.2.86 0 7500 2497
    3320 12399 6695 i
    * 167.142.3.6 0 5056 1239
    12480 6695 i
    * 207.246.129.14 0 11608 174
    12399 6695 i
    * 209.123.12.51 0 8001 3257
    25560 6695 i
    * 196.7.106.245 0 0 2905 6453
    25560 6695 i
    * 207.172.6.227 22 0 6079 174
    12399 6695 i
    * 144.228.241.81 4294967294 0 1239 12480
    6695 i
    * 195.219.96.239 0 6453 25560
    6695 i
    * 203.62.252.26 0 1221 4637
    3320 12399 6695 i
    * 66.185.128.48 504 0 1668 3356
    12399 6695 i
    * 4.68.0.243 0 0 3356 12399
    6695 i
    * 194.85.4.55 0 3277 3267
    3343 1299 6695 i
    * 216.218.252.145 0 6939 13101
    6695 i
    * 213.140.32.146 0 12956 6695 i
    * 65.106.7.139 3 0 2828 6453
    25560 6695 i
    * 216.140.2.59 20 0 6395 3356
    12399 6695 i
    * 134.55.200.1 0 293 174
    12399 6695 i
    * 207.45.223.244 0 6453 25560
    6695 i
    * 129.250.0.11 1 0 2914 174
    12399 6695 i
    * 208.186.154.36 0 0 5650 3356
    12399 6695 i
    * 208.51.134.254 11354 0 3549 12399
    6695 i
    * 207.46.32.32 0 8075 13101
    6695 i
    * 209.10.12.156 45107 0 4513 6695 i
    * 207.172.6.162 6 0 6079 174
    12399 6695 i
    * 64.125.0.137 8060 0 6461 13101
    6695 i
    * 213.248.83.252 0 1299 6695 i
    * 208.186.154.35 0 0 5650 174
    12399 6695 i
    * 206.24.210.26 0 3561 1273
    12399 6695 i
    Network Next Hop Metric LocPrf Weight Path
    * 193.251.245.6 0 5511 25560
    6695 i
    * 202.232.0.2 0 2497 3320
    12399 6695 i