    I love this game great, but I think that my keyboard and mouse which are very basic have a major effect on my playing ability.

    Can you reccomand a keyboard and mouse for this greate game.

    Cheers

    ozraelised, Jun 13, 2006

  2. ozraelised

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    For that game I'd recommend the ZBoard with the BF2 keyset and a Logitech G5 or G7 mouse (depending on if you prefer corded or cordless).

    The Modfather, Jun 13, 2006

  3. ozraelised

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    Its all in the mouse Modfather, thus making it rely on the hand. Thus relying on your Arm muscles thus relying on how quickly u can transmit from ur retina to your optic nerve then to ur brain, Process and act (Reaction time) then the rest in done.

    In which case fingers move quicker then hands. making the age old (my keybaord is too slow) wrong.

    In any good FPS. Its in the Hands no the tools. If you cant own with Cheap Gear you going to get owned by expensive gear. I have to admit it, an old 400 DPi mouse is going to get u the same K : D ratio as a G5/G7.

    But thats enough of my rambling. Get a G5 or G7 thats all u need (and maybe a slim keyboard)

    For the Horde!

    unholy, Jun 13, 2006
  4. ozraelised

    ozraelised

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yes it is all in the hand I agrree with you. I just think that my hand is to fast for the mouse. Manytme it is diffcult to move. for example I have to clean the mouse when I play. As I can't stand mouse pad many times it would not be working properlly.
    and my mouse is really s..t one. Not only that I think it would be nice to get a new toy the laser will be better on the table then the old ball one.

    Cheers guys

    If you have any more suggestions on good keyboards and mouse let us know what you are using.
    GO BF2 let the killing go on for ever

    ozraelised, Jun 14, 2006
  5. ozraelised

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Then you definately want a G7, it's a very fast 2000dpi laser mouse, forget mousepads unless you're gonna want to use an optical/laser pad which are hard surfaces. Cleaning the mouse is like a once a month deal, just wipe the bottom off with a damn rag or something.

    And sure, of course your skill level is the most important thing but the right tools can and do help. Using a cheap 400dpi mouse with a ball will get you owned very quickly. There's no way that a mouse like that is anything but a hinderance to gameplay. Keyboards can play a factor too, it's about comfort with your input devices. If you have to contort your hands into weird positions to play the game then you're NOT going to perform as well as you might with the right combo of keyboard and mouse.

    For instance, I have never liked to use the WASD default controls for any FPS games. I hate that and it never works for me because my hands are too big and I hit multiple keys. I have to change the controls to the arrow keys, which means I have to move the keyboard over to the left to be in the right position. With a board like the Zboard the WASD are replaced by a butterfly design arrow keys on the left of the board, thus putting the keys in the proper position for play and making them large enough and spaced out enough for me to use them properly.

    Alternativly, you can use a game pad like device, though I'm not a fan of the ones that look just like keyboards on a glove, like the Nostromo, that might as well just be the WASD keys all over again.

    The DX1 is a good idea, allowing you to put your keys wherever you want them, but it's expensive.

    http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/input/77ba/

    Ideazon, who make the ZBoard, also make a smaller device called the Fang that gives you the butterfly keys in a seperate device, which comes in handy as hell.

    [​IMG]

    If you type a lot and need to be able to say, type messages in games, the ZBoard itself can be difficult to master, this device gives you the best of both worlds. Use your favorite keyboard AND have the nice controls for gaming right at hand too.

    So, with this you could use the G15 gaming keyboard from Logitech (a really great board) the G7 mouse and still have the gaming controls too. That'd be the ideal setup for my use.

    The Modfather, Jun 14, 2006