beware of VONAGE! Don't sign up! I whish someone had warned me...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by big D, Jun 11, 2006.

  1. big D

    big D Guest

    I just ordered Vonage and I reeeeeally whish I hadn't done that.
    Suddenly, I am having problems with internet and I've had the same
    internet service for whole two years with no problems at all. I talked
    to two inarticulate women in India who tried to help but couldn't. I
    spent 40 minutes talking to them and another 40 minutes waiting on hold
    to talk to someone else.

    At this point, I'm just trying to cancel it, which is NOT EASY to say
    the least.

    I whish I read the 28 PAGES OF COMPLAINTS AGAINST vonage on
    www.consumeraffairs.com (I never would have ordered this stupid
    service.)

    Don't do it!

    Tell others about it!

    I whish someone had warned me!

    big D, Jun 11, 2006

  2. big D

    me Guest

    "big D" <> wrote in message
    >I just ordered Vonage and I reeeeeally whish I hadn't done that.
    > Suddenly, I am having problems with internet and I've had the same
    > internet service for whole two years with no problems at all. I talked
    > to two inarticulate women in India who tried to help but couldn't. I
    > spent 40 minutes talking to them and another 40 minutes waiting on hold
    > to talk to someone else.
    >
    > At this point, I'm just trying to cancel it, which is NOT EASY to say
    > the least.
    >
    > I whish I read the 28 PAGES OF COMPLAINTS AGAINST vonage on
    > www.consumeraffairs.com (I never would have ordered this stupid
    > service.)
    >
    > Don't do it!
    >
    > Tell others about it!
    >
    > I whish someone had warned me!

    I've had Vonage since October and had no problems.I think the complaints are
    only from a very small percentage of people

    me, Jun 11, 2006

  3. big D

    Bad Boy Guest

    "big D" <> wrote in message
    >I just ordered Vonage and I reeeeeally whish I hadn't done that.
    > Suddenly, I am having problems with internet and I've had the same
    > internet service for whole two years with no problems at all. I talked
    > to two inarticulate women in India who tried to help but couldn't. I
    > spent 40 minutes talking to them and another 40 minutes waiting on hold
    > to talk to someone else.
    >
    > At this point, I'm just trying to cancel it, which is NOT EASY to say
    > the least.
    >
    > I whish I read the 28 PAGES OF COMPLAINTS AGAINST vonage on
    > www.consumeraffairs.com (I never would have ordered this stupid
    > service.)
    >
    > Don't do it!
    >
    > Tell others about it!
    >
    > I whish someone had warned me!

    Been with them for about 6 months now. The only problem I've ever had was
    getting my landline number ported from BellSouth-- that took a few months.
    But service is good and everything works as advertised.

    If you think it's interfering with your internet, try unplugging your phone
    adaptor and see if the problems go away. If they do, you may have a bad
    phone adaptor. Another option is to reduce the bandwidth Vonage uses. You
    can do that from your Vonage account management page.

    BB

    Bad Boy, Jun 11, 2006