    the msg box was full. So, I'm going to send this to our AG in NYS who
    just loves this kind of stuff. Just be warned about them.

    RON

    xhosa2010, Oct 6, 2005

  2. xhosa2010

    Paul Heslop Guest

    this could also be someone phishing?

    Paul Heslop, Oct 6, 2005

  3. xhosa2010

    Gormless Guest

    The answer seems apparent - don't pay it.

    Gormless, Oct 6, 2005
  4. I recommend that you not respond to this type of scam in the future. By
    calling that number you might have validated your presence. Just ignore
    this crap.

    I, just today, received an automated call about "time sensitive business
    information" ... and an 877 phone number plus a case file number was
    repeated twice. Not a good idea to call them back!

    Charles Schuler, Oct 6, 2005
  5. xhosa2010

    Jim Guest

    I lost track of the number of magazine offers with this kind of come
    on.. just throw the thing in the recyclle bin and get on with life.

    Jim, Oct 7, 2005
  6. xhosa2010

    Roy Guest

    If you do not know of these people, and no-one on this group seems to have
    heard of this magazine, it is probably a Scam.

    Being in the hospitality trade, and having our Email address and phone
    number easily available, we get a lot of this sort of thing.

    What they want you to do is either phone back on a Premium Rate number,
    (often disguised), and be passed from one place to another while the cost of
    the call increases, at anything up to £3 per minute.

    Or they will agree that there has been an error on their part, and they will
    refund the cost, all they need is your Credit Card number in order to
    process the refund.

    You won't get a refund, but you will find some large debits, at just below
    £500, on the next but one statement, and because you have given out your
    number to Fraudsters the Credit Card company will not be over-keen to cancel
    these debits.

    Roy G

    Roy, Oct 7, 2005
  7. xhosa2010

    Rudy Benner Guest

    Never respond to stuff like this.

    Rudy Benner, Oct 7, 2005
  8. xhosa2010

    Mark B. Guest

    When I get a 'notice' about something I don't buy or subscribe to, I take
    the path of least resistance - toss it out & forget about it.

    Mark B., Oct 8, 2005