Beware fake Sandisk card

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by [BnH], Jun 1, 2006.

  1. Who cares where the ultimate value comes from, the bottom line is they have
    more value and *USE* left in them than AMD. At the end of the day that is
    all that matters.
    Hey, this is your problem. You're the idiot that has a killfile in your
    newsreader, if you think I'm trolling or don't like what I have to say
    please feel free to use it or ignore me. Apparently you have some
    fascination with me. Did I spank you ass in another group?
    Again, you are showing your ignorance because most of the same chips from
    both manufacturers are/were used in workstations as well as servers. So, it
    doesn't matter what segment anyone is referring to, Intel still makes a
    better performing chip which is proven by its higher resale value. Your
    twisted logic would lead one to believe that a Yugo has as much value,
    performance, and desirability as a Lexus on the used market. I think the
    smart people would find more value and performance in the Lexus.

    Who cares where they ultimately end up since the money is so good? I don't,
    unless I have restrictions that prevent me from selling to certain
    countries. Sometimes I do get to sell them back to a few government
    agencies, go figure.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Jun 4, 2006

  2. Clearly, these "major players" are going the route of many companies of
    making poor uneducated decisions to immediately satisfy shareholders and
    looking at the bottom line instead of product performance and future company
    survivability. These companies will pay a great future penalty for this
    mistake they make today.

    And to get away from the "server segment" for the sake of one nitwit I'll
    give you another example of where AMD fails. You'll never see an AMD
    processor in the Panasonic Toughbook laptop that is used in all police,
    rescue, and service vehicles were life and limb is at stake. This clearly
    tells me that AMD doesn't make a product that is taken seriously and can be
    relied on under demanding conditions. For gaming and overclocking AMD wins
    hands down.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Jun 4, 2006

  3. I've been thinking about it every day for years and for some reason all this
    embarrassment turns into green. Green is my favorite color since I get to
    buy more Nikon toys.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Jun 4, 2006
  4. Congratulations! You made the right choice. Why didn't you buy a
    comparable AMD box for 1/100th the initial price? Clearly the savings alone
    is irresistible. You wouldn't be questioning the performance of them AMD
    processor, would you?

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Jun 4, 2006
  5. Randall admit it. You dream of the day when you can use your AMD
    equipped Vista system to view the stunning photos you take with your
    new Sigma camera :)

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Jun 4, 2006
  6. [BnH]

    atec77 Guest

    WHy ?
    well the similarly loaded dual operon was 50% more ... just goes to
    show that intel is recognized as a lesser machine.

    atec77, Jun 4, 2006
  7. HEY! I just got done eating breakfast. Don't try to make me hurl. I'll
    have nightmares tonight for sure now.

    Randall Ainsworth, Jun 4, 2006
  8. And yet you *CLAIM* to have bought the "lesser" machine (Intel) when you
    wrongly and stupidly feel the Opteron is a better machine. It would seem
    that you are pulling my leg and really didn't buy the Xeon or even seen one.
    Why else would someone buy an Intel when they *claim* AMD is better? I say
    this is a non-event and I call BULLSHIT! You only proved that Intel is
    better and there's no sidestepping at this point you can do to prove
    otherwise.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Jun 4, 2006
  9. Seems obvious to me from what he wrote that the AMD machine, at "50%
    more", was out of the budget. It's really quite simple, and that you're
    unable to grasp it just makes your various claims even more suspect.

    Maybe if you close your eyes real tight it will all go away. Try
    holding your breath, too. I hear that sometimes helps.

    In his experience an Intel box was cheaper than a comparably configured
    AMD box, despite your persistent claims to the contrary, and somehow
    you view this as proof that one chip or the other is better? Congrats -
    this is one of the most fractured attempts at 'logic' that I've seen in
    quite some time.

    Eric Schreiber, Jun 4, 2006
  10. Forgive me if I give more weight to the business acumen of major
    computer manufacturers than that of some random self-proclaimed
    'expert' on Usenet.

    Once again you use an artifically constructed highly specialized case
    to attempt to prove a general statement. Once again you fail. One brand
    & model? Doesn't get much narrower than that.

    There are other players in that field. For example, Next Computing,
    whose Vigor Opteron computers are designed specifically for first
    responder and emergency situation use.

    Speaking of mission critical applications:

    http://www.hoise.com/primeur/04/articles/monthly/AE-PR-03-04-8.html

    "The new cluster will utilize several hundred AMD Opteron processors
    and will be used in one of the most important testing areas for
    DaimlerChrysler: the crash-simulation division, where performance,
    stability and software compatibility are crucial elements."

    Yes, well, we've already seen enough demonstration of your logic skills
    to know that you're prone to leap to amazingly faulty conclusions based
    on extremely limited information. Were you to spot a three-legged dog,
    you would no doubt conclude from that data point that all dogs have
    only three legs, and horses are egg-layers as well.

    Eric Schreiber, Jun 4, 2006
  11. Times change. The Pentium III was a good processor design, and survives
    today in the Pentium M mobile processor. It beats the Pentium IV in
    terms of useful computations it can perform per watt of input power,
    which is why some people still want them, and why some people build
    desktop machines using Pentium M processors.

    But the Pentium IV is a power hog, and the AMD processors have been
    beating it most of the time when you look at raw performance,
    performance per watt, and performance per dollar.

    I work as a software developer in a company with hundreds of PC-based
    workstations. There are both AMD and Intel CPUs around, but the AMD
    ones seem most popular. And the only software compatibility problems
    I've heard of in several years was a new *Intel* CPU that didn't work
    right with some software - no similar AMD problems.

    Times change, and Intel could be on top again next year, or next month.
    But AMD have been doing very well for the last few years.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Jun 4, 2006
  12. Welcome to my nightmare!

    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Jun 4, 2006
  13. [BnH]

    ASAAR Guest

    Mmmm. Cheese!

    ASAAR, Jun 4, 2006
  14. [BnH]

    atec77 Guest

    Well rita I was hoping you would be a clever troll with sparkling repartee'
    Instead you present tired and boring invective which is boring in the
    extreme.. sad really , are you a philthy or a woddles ?

    atec77, Jun 4, 2006
  15. [BnH]

    atec77 Guest

    Not just a pretty face :)

    atec77, Jun 5, 2006
  16. Please cite in his post where he mentioned anything about budget. Your lame
    assumption that it's a budget issue is total unadulterated nonsense. Like I
    said, this was a non-event and BULLSHIT. Stop putting words in the
    bullshitter's mouth
    Only if he really had one! I'll bet you he didn't. And if he did buy a
    comparably configured AMD box for more than what he could get the industry
    standard Intel for I would still call him a fool and BULLSHITTER.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Jun 5, 2006
  17. Hey, I never claimed to be an expert, but I know what is and what isn't.
    There's nothing artificial about a company that builds high-end laptops for
    critical operations and tough environments. It only proves that you have to
    select the right tools for the right job. Intel is the only tool available
    to take on the task.
    Yeah, great example. Look at the morons that run Homeland Security! As
    inept as they are I would find it mandatory for them to use AMD. Who else
    would they blame when the shit hits the fan? Michael Brown?
    Old news! It seem everyone brings this "space heater" up as last ditch
    effort when they lost the debate. It's a one-off machine with the mission
    to generate heat, nothing more, for a customer with cavernous pockets that
    doesn't know any better.
    Hey, I go by what the industry and the *PAYING* customer wants. If the tell
    me Doberman shit will do the computations they require I'll sell it to them
    by the pound. It simply isn't happening with AMD.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Jun 5, 2006
  18. Good points, Dave. I'll take your word for it, but I'm not yet seeing it as
    dictated by sales and demand. You might be right. If I see an influx of
    demands for AMD based servers I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. I
    said it years back that I would like to see AMD kick Intel's ass and give
    them a run for their money. This will lead to better pricing for the end
    user.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Jun 5, 2006
  19. Just as I thought, BULLSHIT!

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Jun 5, 2006
  20. Granted, he didn't mention budget specifically. But he did mention that
    a simiarly equipped AMD machine was 50% more than the Intel machine he
    purchased. Even if it wasn't a budget limitation, it certainly sounds
    like good fiscal judgement was part of the equation. After all, if all
    else is equal, it would be foolish to pay 50% more than necessary.

    But again, the only thing really relevant here is that his experience
    directly contradicts your claims about AMDs being worthless.

    I find it amusing that anything which doesn't support your rigidly
    limited world view is dismissed with the claim "it didn't happen".

    So, you really are having reading comprehension problems. I thought as
    much. Since you need the refresher, here are the relevant quotes:

    "I bought a loaded quad xeon recently for less than 1k AU"
    "the similarly loaded dual operon was 50% more"

    Eric Schreiber, Jun 5, 2006